If you have any suggestion of websites I could include in this page, please send me an e-mail and I will be glad to add more sites.
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
A quick list of wonderful sites:
English for Speakers of Other Languages, English as a Second Language and English Language Learning
Free site for English as a second or foreign language students, in English or Spanish,"using theories from Applied linguistics." Includes online assessments and instruction.
Activities for ESL Students
Adult Education ESL
Center for Adult English
Language Acquisition (CAELA, formerly NCLE)
Dave's ESL Cafe
The ESL Quiz Center
English as a Second
English for All
Equipped for the Future
ESL Lesson Plans and
ESL Reading for English
ESL Resource Center
ESL Student Projects page
The Fairfax County Family
Glossary of Second and
Primary Language Acquisition Terms
Home buying Readiness ESOL
How to Buy a Home in the
Boston New Americans Homeowners Project
Eastern Massachusetts New Americans Homeowners Project
Internet TESL Journal
LINCS ESL Special
National Immigration Forum
Northeast Literacy Tech
Real English ONLINE
An alternative. which does not require registration, and includes over twenty video segments will be found at:
REEP (ESL) Curriculum
Resources in Language
Testing WWW Page
Sounds of English
· http://www.teclasap.com.br/ - Here you can find information about authors like Michael Jacobs, Jack Scholes and Ulisses Wehby de Carvalho. You can also subscribe to a free newsletter that includes enlightening explanation on common errors; hard-to-find words, expressions and slang, etc.
· http://www.teclasap2.blogspot.com - A blog produced by Ulisses Wehby de Carvalho that includes hints and curiosities on the English language, idioms, false friends, quizzes, common errors, proverbs, cultural notes, slang, phrasal verbs, reviews, etc.
· http://www.englishpage.com/ - This site offers free online English lessons and ESL/EFL resources. Very useful for teachers and students.
· http://dictionary.cambridge.org/ - Dictionaries online offered by Cambridge University Press. The categories include: Advanced Learner’s Dictionary; American English; Idioms; Phrasal Verbs; French / English and Spanish / English.
· http://www.lingual.net/main.php - A movie site for English Language learners. You can't miss it.
· http://www.teachit.co.uk/ - According to its developers, Teachit.com specializes in English, Drama and Media Studies, and they offer over 5,000 pages of classroom materials, schemes of work, lesson plans and teaching tools created by working teachers and constantly growing.
· http://www.churchillhouse.com/english/downloads.html - A page from which you can download free English language software (CALL) or access ready-to-use classroom materials for English language classrooms.
· http://www.webenglishteacher.com/ - In Carla Beard’s words, “At Web English Teacher educators can take advantage of online technology to share ideas and to benefit from the work of others. Beginning teachers can find guidance; experienced teachers can find inspiration. Think of it as the faculty library and faculty workroom on a global scale. Because the most important part of teaching isn't the technology.”
· http://hjem.get2net.dk/niels_quist - Links and resources on English teaching; shareware programs for download that may be of interest for learning / teaching English as a second language; a list of links to shareware download sites, and hints on how to search for and find other shareware programs on the Internet. Also, a list of common and special search engines, an explanation of different types of what is called "search engines" in an everyday language, hints on searching more effectively, and links to further reading about the topic.
· http://www.english1.org.uk/ - This site has been set up to be a forum for teachers of English to gather and to publish, in these pages, the ideas and resources they would like to share with other visitors.
· http://www.english-to-go.com/ - “English-To-Go® teaching resources are used by thousands of teachers around the world. A subscription will allow you to use the resources as often as you like.” You can choose from hundreds of lessons from their searchable library. “You can save hours of preparation time and empower your students to think independently and form opinions. Resources are updated regularly. English-To-Go teaching resources are current, topical and international. They include Instant Lessons, Instant Workbook, Anna Grammar, Weekly Warmers and Max Vocab.”
· http://www.ldoceonline.com/ - Here you will find a free online version of the CD-ROM of the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English. A must for English learners, as well as for teachers.
· http://www.eslcafe.com/ - Dave’s ESL Café is, in the author’s words, “the Internet’s meeting place for ESL/EFL teachers and students from around the world.”
· http://www.englishclub.com/ - This is a comprehensive portal that caters for teachers and students. You can’t miss it.
· http://englishonline.sites.uol.com.br/ - Here Paulo Hardt helps students and teachers of ESL/EFL find thousands of links with activities, grammar explanation, and many other resources to improve their English.
· http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors - Here you'll find innumerable words and expressions that are commonly used in a wrong way. The author explains how they should be used. A very useful site.
· http://a4esl.org/q/f/ - On this site there are activities to help students with English as a Second Language. This project of The Internet TESL Journal has contributions by many teachers.
· http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/links.htm - Online slang dictionaries and language links: British slang and language related sites; general English slang and comparative English-American language dictionaries; US slang and language related sites; Australian slang; New Zealand sites; South African sites; foreign language sites; drug related slang; 'black' slang and rap; gay/lesbian slang sites; crime and prison slang; other specialist slang sites; miscellaneous dictionaries and other language related resources. This site is a must! Don't miss it!
· http://www.usingenglish.com/ - According to the owners of this site, usingenglish.com provides a large collection of ESL tools and resources for students, teachers, learners and academics. There are teacher handouts and printables that cover a wide variety of subjects. Cool!
· http://www.focusenglish.com/ - A site dedicated to helping ESL/EFL learners develop conversational English skills. At FocusEnglish.com, you can: listen to native speakers talk about various topics; learn useful idioms; learn common words and phrases; test your vocabulary skills in everyday English; practice responding, in English, to real-life conversations; listen to native speakers give sample responses. Check it out as soon as possible.
· http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/flash - A site where you can read the front pages from well-known newspapers in the world. Nothing could be more practical for curious readers!
· http://www.manythings.org/c/r.cgi/slang - Here you will find a lot of American slang in sentences that can be heard in everyday conversation. Check out their main page as well: http://www.manythings.org/ has a lot of useful information for everybody.
· http://www.thebeatles.com - Here you'll see photos and listen to parts of interviews featuring The Fab Four from Liverpool. Teachers who make students practice listening in the classroom will certainly find this a useful tool.
I found this list in a blog:
1) http://quizzes.englishclub.com/ it has different ways to improve your English . It also has work sheets about grammar, that can support teachers of English " Alia Omar"
2) http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/ Lots of games and activities for language students*
· Otan Forum: ESL Lesson Plans. A series of ESL lesson plans provided by the California Department of Education's OTAN (Outreach and Technical Assistance Network). Although designed for adult ESL learners, they are easily adaptable for use in grades 7-12.
· Pizzaz! A Resource for Scribblers and Teachers of English as a Second Language. Leslie Opp-Beckman's PIZZAZ! is dedicated to providing creative writing activities and reproduceable handouts for use in the class room.
The Quiz Zone. An interactive site featuring carefully selected ESL quizzes and links prepared by an ESL teacher.
· TeacherVision.com. Lesson plans and activities for ESL, French and Spanish classes.
· Teaching with the Web: TESOL. Activities, resources and materials for using the World Wide Web as a teaching tool in the ESL class.
· Teaching Tips: Using Video in Your Classroom. Some ideas are presented on how video can enhance your students' English language learning experience.
· Teflers of the World Unite. A site for teachers, with lesson plans that include grammar presentations and vocabulary activities. Also featured are games, songs with learning objectives, an advice center and jobs offered.
· Dave’s ESL Café - Features vocabulary lists, quizzes, chats, and more.
· English Banana - Worksheets, games and quizzes
· English Forum - Interactive Exercises, Message Boards, Links, Good School Guide, Web Directory, World News, Cool Tools ... and more!
· English Made in Brazil - For Brazilian learners of English
· ESL City - Over 700 free downloadable worksheets, over 1000 flashcards, ESL games and topics. Free membership required.
· ESL Wizard - Information and resourcs for ESL teachers.
· Fun English - For young learners and their teacher
· GradeBook - Easy to use teacher's gradebook. Free trial available.
· Jon's ESL Teaching English Second Language Site - especially about teaching in Asia
· Kisi's ESL/EFL Galaxy - Free teaching materials for EFL teachers and students - board games, lesson plans, children's materials, listening activities, music and video worksheets, etc.
· Lingualearn - The one-stop-shop for language & culture products & services
· Puzzlemaker - makes puzzles quickly and easily
· The EFL Playhouse - A resource for teachers of young learners.
· www.icalweb.com Videos para professors e alunos QUALITY ONLINE TEACHER TRAINING
ESL Teaching Materials & Job
Information - ESL Monkeys
Eleni's ESL Page
English Teachers' Guide,
Welcome To The Teacher's Page
TESall.com - ESL/EFL teaching
Teaching ESL to Adults Blog
ESL - Free Material For Teachers
MyEnglish English Resource and
Teaching and Learning English
Interesting Stuff for Teachers
The ELT Two Cents Cafe
Sharing ideas for EFL teaching
English Language Space Station
Kisi's ESL/EFL Galaxy
English Teachers Anonymous
Tons of helpful language arts links, lessons, and activites for your classroom. Lesson plan downloads.
The ESL Area
English Learning Reinvented
The English Teacher and Learner
English on the Run
Leon's EFL Planet
Mrs. Hurley's ESL Page
· ESL Web Guide: Lesson Plans. Dave Sperling of the ESL Cafe presents lesson plans and materials useful to ESL classroom teachers at all levels.
· everythingESL.net. Everything ESL is a collection of K-12 lesson plans, geared to TESOL ESL standards, teaching tips, resource links, and discussions for teachers of ESL students.
· For Second Languge Teachers. Sponsored by the Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers, it features a wide variety of ESL and foreign language lesson plans and activities.
· 1-Language - Comprehensive ESL Site including forums, real-time chat, listening, TOEIC practice tests, a helpline, reading, games, and much more.
· Antimoon.com - Articles on how to learn English effectively, based on the experiences of successful learners.
· Brain Gym – Cool exercises to help you concentrate in class.
· British Council - Vocabulary, grammar games, magazine, songs, stories, and more.
· Dave’s ESL Café - features vocabulary lists, quizzes, chats, and more.
· English Club - Community for EFL/ESL students and teachers.
· English Daily – Vocabulary, stories, grammar & common mistakes.
· English Forum - Interactive Exercises, Message Boards, Links, Good School Guide, Web Directory, World News, Cool Tools ... and more!
· English Forums - Learn English with online help from volunteer teachers all over the world. This is the world's busiest EFL forum!
· English Portal - Resources and learning tips for students.
· Lingualearn - One-stop-shop for language & culture products & services.
· StudyMyEnglish - Reading comprension questions, sentence completion questions, antonym questions, etc. Also vocabulary lists.
· Zozanga - Tips on how to improve your grammar, vocabulary, listening, pronunciation, reading and writing.
+10000 FREE TEACHER RESOURCES -
An ELT Notebook
Heads Up English
Teaching ESL to Adults
· Boggle's World ESL Resources. For kids and adults, the site offers crosswords, word searches, flash cards, verbs, songs, creative writing, work sheets, phonics, potion book, spell book and a chat room.
· California Department of Education Resources for English Learners. The English Learners Web site at the California Department of Education focuses on the education of English learners-i.e., students with a primary language other than English who are limited-English proficient.
· Dave's ESL Cafe on the Web. Don't miss Dave's ESL Cafe which is open 24 hour a day for ESL students and teachers from around the world. Scroll down the page and select from a variety of cafe items. You can take an interactive quiz in the ESL Quiz Center, receive help with questions related to English in the ESL Help Center, search for something in the cafe or on the Web in the One-Stop ESL Search Page, share your experiences with others in the ESL Idea Page, read and add your own writings to the ESL Graffiti Wall, or ask a question of Dave on the ESL Question Page. There are also links to other ESL information for both students and teachers, an interactive message exchange, and an ESL email connection.
· English as a Second Language. The site, designed by Anthony Halderman of Cuesta College, provides students and teachers with useful information, lessons, exercises, games, and other resources.
· English Forum. This is a comprehensive web portal with a variety of resources for students and teachers of English (ESL/EFL). Included are Interactive Exercises, Message Boards, ELT Bookshop, Good School Guide, Web Directory, World News, Links, and Cool Tools.
· EnglishLearner.Com. Interactive practice for learners of English. The site includes tests, quizzes, crosswords, a mailing list and more.
· English Second Language Resources. Among its many resources, this site includes English language newspapers and magazines, learning spoken English on-line, how to pronounce the English alphabet, grammar, pen pals, English language idioms, quizzes, on-line English classes and much more.
· Adult Education ESL Teacher's Guide. Although designed for adults, the lessons and activities provided at this site can be adapted for secondary school students. Features include: Beginning ESL Lessons and Accompanying Teacher Training Modules; Intermediate ESL Lessons and Accompanying Teacher Training Modules; and Teaching Non-Literate Adults. All materials and worksheets are provided.
· EnglishCLUB Teachers' Room (ESL Resources) The site includes classroom activities, lesson plans and student handouts.
· Ernie's ESL/EFL Activity Page. Games and other activities suitable for all levels of ESL/EFL classes.
· English Teacher's Assistant. A periodical designed for ESL and EFL teachers who wear many hats--teachers who want fresh ideas and activities for teaching conversation, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation. Subscription information is available.
· ESL Emporium A Public Service for Learners of English. Practice your listening skills online, learn a new word everyday by Email, learn idioms, take an online ESL student assessment as a guide for identifying your level of English language ability, and learn how to apply to an American University.
· ESL Hub. The site, prepared for ESL students, contains a wealth of interactive activities including an Idiom of the Week, Chat Room, Cool Link Directory, ESL Tutoring and Proofreading Services, Keypal Email Exchange, All About TOEFL, and Colloquial English Page.
· Karin's ESL Party Land. Provides teachers with lessons and printable materials to use in class and students with over 50 interactive quizzes,15 discussion forums, and additional links.
· everythingESL.Net. Features resources for ESL, bilingual and classroom teachers working with K-12 language minority students. Includes information, staff inservicing, lesson plans, activities, bulletin boards and more.
· Hands-on English Current Events Activities. Current events activities appropriate for adults and high school students learning English as a second language. Teachers are given permission to print, copy and use the activities in their classrooms. Updated monthly.
· Learning English on the Web. This site is a starting point for ESL learners who want to learn English through the World Wide Web. Includes listening, speaking, reading and writing activities.
· Tower of English. Online reading, writing, and vocabulary activities, an e-mail pen pal page (TowerPals), a chat room, and links to other valuable resources.
RESOURCES TO LEARN/TEACH ENGLISH !!