The Journal of Linguistics and Language Teaching (JLLT) represents an academic innovation whose first issue was launched in 2010.
JLLT is an academic organ, solely designed for the worldwide publication of scientific findings which concern the full range between linguistics on the one hand and language teaching on the other. At the same time, it is a basis of discussion for linguists and practitioners of language teaching.
JLLT is a refereed journal. All manuscripts, apart from those having individually been requested by the editor, have to be positively evaluated by two referees, this procedure being totally anonymous on both sides (authors and referees). Only then will they be published.
JLLT is published independently from any any institution. Yet, it is free - for authors as well as readers.
In this new journal, authors/readers will not find:
· any bureaucracy;
· any association nor society, therefore no policy of any kind to be respected;
· any membership (thus, no membership fees);
· any purchasing fees: The journal is and will be available on the Internet any time and on a long-term perspective;
· any time pressure for publication: The Journal does not aim at publishing a minimum number of issues per year, which will guarantee high quality throughout time. Thus, the clear target is quality rather than quantity.l
However, authors/readers will get:
· their articles published on a worldwide basis - not as a "closed shop" as is the case for journals which only exist on paper or which have to be paid when read online;
· a quick publication of manuscripts: After having been handed in, manuscripts will be passed on to the editorial board immediately. If accepted, they will, in optimal cases, be online around eight weeks after. When a sufficient number of articles has been published, all the other parts, like reviews or announcements will be put online as well, the given issue thus being completed;
· fruitful promotion of scientific findings: In JLLT, findings will therefore not be obsolete when published. They will be up-to-date when the scientific community can read them;
· complete issues, inclusive of front and back page, published in the PDF format and printable for any reader, either in part or in full, to get a full issue identical to a correspondent paper version;
· an experienced editor
· a high-ranking Editorial Board
Addressees of JLLT:
· linguists and foreign language methodologists - from university professors to PhD students and teachers at universities and all types of schools;
· young scientists who will find a publication platform for their academic projects which they can open up for discussion so as to get fruitful advice from the community of readers and authors.
Which text types will be accepted?
· book reviews
· reports about scientific projects and conferences
· reports about innovative study programmes
· reports about PhD projects (for the publication and the protection of intermediate research results) as pre-publications.
Why is this online platform used?
· The present platform with its highly professional infrastructure guarantees publications to be found immediately, fruitfully and with high priority.
· Via the email account linked to this website, it is easily possible to establish a direct contact with our readers, and vice versa. This is the prerequisite for an intensive exchange of ideas.
· The present publication platform is the most economical imaginable. In view of the limited human resources we dispose of, we can therefore focus all our attention on the contents rather than the technical side.
Now, with all these reflections having been made, we are looking forward to receiving your manuscripts.