Reviewing the following sample IL standards may aid you in developing
standards for your own institution or environment, ideally, in
collaboration with other stakeholders.
- AASL Standards for the 21st Century Learner
American Association of School Libraries standards, including affective standards, labeled "Dispositions in Action."
- ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education (2000)
- Big 6 (2010)
Developed by Mike Eisenberg and Bob Berkowitz, and primarily utilized in K-12.
- Common Core: State Standards Initiative
Includes some standards related to information researching and critical thinking.
- Model School Library Standards for California Public Schools
Brokers of Expertise (State of California, Department of Education)
- Model School Library Standards: What's Next? (Slide Show)
Barbara Jeffus' slide show for California School Library Association, Southern
Section Spring Workshop, March 26, 2011, San Diego
- OER (Open Educational Resources), LOR, & Interactive Learning Materials (ILMs)
John Shank's ScoopIt site for digital learning materials
- OER Commons