source images and documents, plus "Themed Collections...primary source
sets organized to support California Content Standards."
- Curating the City: Wilshire Blvd. [Los Angeles, CA]
- I-Search Unit
- Information Seeking Behavior
Last update: 2005
- Module Maker (copyright 1997; revised 2000)
- Noodle Tools: Information Literacy
- Resources for School Librarians: Literature Lesson Plans
- School Libraries: Curriculum Resources
California State Department of Education
- Secondary Social Studies Research
Cecil County Public Schools, Elkton, MD, offers guidance through the many stages of the research process (Pre-Search, Question, Plan, Gather, etc.), including downloadable prompts.
- Standards for the 21st Century Learner: Lesson Plan Database
AASL selects and approves lesson plans, and maintains this site. (Site recommended by Joyce Valenza in 2011.)
- SOS for Information Literacy
Register for an account; then search lesson plans by grade level or topic. Lesson plans are selected by SOS for IL.
- Tips and Techniques for Library Instruction (University of Texas Libraries)
is a knowledge assessment with multiple-choice questions targeting a
variety of information literacy skills based on sixth and ninth grade
- Teaching With Documents: Lesson Plans
U.S. National Archives