**Found on StudySpanish.com (http://www.studyspanish.com/topten_tips.htm)
Action Plan Ideas for Learning Spanish
1. Study nightly and in short amounts ( a 2 hr. cram really doesn’t last)
2. Copy by hand new vocabulary- you’ll be practicing spelling and accents.
3. Make and use flashcards- for vocab. Study, verb practice, almost everything!
Remember, knowing a vocabulary item=its meaning, spelling, gender, and pronunciation.
4. Ask questions immediately in class before it’s too late or you forget.
5. Pay attention in class. Don’t write when the class is working on oral drills or conversations.
6. Constantly review old subject matter-learning a language is like building a wall…a weak foundation will not support what’s on top.
7. Listen to the teacher and imitate her pronunciation with care.
8. Learn to take notes, practice listening, and pay attention.
9. Picture new vocabulary words in your mind, understand the meaning in Spanish, not in English.
10. Keep up with your assignments.
11. Concentrate on the verb- it’s the center of the sentence.
12. Keep notes on mistakes you’ve made on written work, and master the correct structures-make corrections for tests, quizzes and home/class exercises.
13. Practice speaking by recording your homework verbally (it will help you hear yourself)
14. Demonstrate pride in speaking-don’t settle for sloppy sounds.
15. DO NOT try to TRANSLATE from one language to the other word for word.
16. Develop a respect for differences- in people, culture, and language sounds.
17. Don’t be embarrassed by making new sounds, have fun with pronunciation-try speaking English with sounds of the language you’re trying to learn. Develop an adventurous attitude about exploring the unknown.
18. Try to imitate the Spanish intonation and rhythm (the “song” of Spanish)
19. Learn to sing in your new language.
20. Practice your new language with family or friends-you be their teacher.
21. Always speak and write using what you’ve learned and what you know.
22. Read selection aloud (maybe to your Teddy Bear / Justin Bieber poster J) even written exercises.