The primary goal of this class is to help students develop the necessary fluency to be successful on the IB examination that begins in January (not May) of their senior year.In order to be successful in this class and on the IB exam, students are expected to practice positive academic behaviors both in and outside of the classroom:
- Preparing assignments on time
- Demonstrating advanced participation and academic skills
- Managing unforeseen circumstances and complicated situations
- Collaborating to learn
- Reading and analyzing diverse forms of authentic literature
- Viewing with a critical eye diverse forms of authentic media
- Manipulating Spanish to express ideas and seek and give advice
- Writing extensively in Spanish
- Acquiring an appreciation for, understanding of, and experiencing Spanish speaking culture
- Initiating, sustaining, and concluding conversations in Spanish on a variety of topics
- Preparing for and successfully passing the IB examination.
If you should have any concerns or questions, please contact me by email or phone. Looking forward to an exciting and productive semester!
(352) 746-2334 (ext. 4298)
(616) hábleme (Google Voice)
Sign Up for Class Remind Text Messages:
-For "A" day classes dial 81010 & text: @6k826
-For "B" day classes dial 81010 & text: @a4aa8g
IB Exam Information:
Internal Assessment (30% total): Oral Component—January. Two oral activities graded by teacher and moderated by the IBO.
External Assessment (70% total): Written Component—May.
Target Language Contact Log:
Students will register (in Spanish!) three contacts per week, each contact must be at least 10 minutes in length & contacts must be authentic Spanish language sources: Spanish TV, music, websites, pod-casts, magazines, newspapers, etc. Studying class materials does not count. The log will be graded based on quantity & quality of entries. Students are encouraged to follow their interest areas--if sports, watch sports programs in Spanish; if music, listen in Spanish; if reading, read in Spanish. Register all contacts on website: https://sites.google.com/sitelhssullivanb/Home/target-language-contact-log
Google Drive for Class Documents:
Core Curriculum Standards Crosswalk:
IBO Language B Core Options (Mandatory):
IBO Language B Core Themes:
Home Page >
11th Gr. IB Spanish 4
¡Bienvenidos a todos!