Home | Mexican Visa | Fideicomiso  | Title Insurance | Closing Cost |  Contact

 Steps for Buy in Mexico

Mexican Visa


Title Insurance

Closing Cost

Oportunities for investors

Cabo San Lucas

Beachfront lot : 1 Hectares 

Beachfront : 450 meters lineals

Location : Cabo San Lucas

Status : SOLD 

Turistic development : Cabo Dorado

Price : $ 12 usd by square meter

Buying Property in Mexico

Mexican Visa

You need to apply for your FM3 in order to obtain your Fideicomiso (Bank Trust). The FM3 is easy to obtain. You will need a valid US passport with a visa stamped by the Mexican Consulate.

You may apply for your FM3 visa at your nearest Mexican consulate office in the U.S. or Mexico. The consulate will provide you with instructions and a list of items you will need to obtain your FM3.


- PROOF OF MORAL SOLVENCYThis must be established through a certificate (local police clearance) issued by the local police department of the place where applicant resides.

- PROOF OF PERMANENT INCOMEApplicant must prove a monthly income of $1,000 USD dollars for a period no less than one year.

- VALID PASSPORTFor at least one year.


- LETTER OF APPLICATIONStating name, place and date of birth, marital status, occupation and Mexico's final destination.

- $ 145 USDCash



Basics on Mexican Immigtration The agency in charge of immigration in Mexico is called "Instituto Nacional de Migración" (National Migration Institute) or INAMI for short. The agency is part of the Federal Government and is directly under the orders and supervision of the Secretaría de Gobernación (Interior Ministry). Within Mexico, all visas are issued by INAMI. Mexican Consulates abroad, which are part of the Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores (Foreign Affairs Ministry) are authorized to issue certain types of visas, which have to be reviewed and stamped by the Immigration authorities once you enter Mexico. Although a few restrictions apply to specific nationalities, most citizenships are welcomed to apply for visas. The most common types are: Tourist Visa or FT, FM-3, FM-2 and Business Visa. Tourist Visa. If your intention is to visit Mexico as a tourist, you need to apply for a Tourist Visa or FT. The website from the Foreign Affairs Ministry provides the following list of the countries of citizenship that may process this visa directly at the port of entry into Mexico: Germany, Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Chile, Cyprus, South Korea, Costa Rica, Denmark, Slovaquia, Slovenia, Spain, United State of America, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lethonia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Norway, New Zealand, Holland, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Uruguay and Venezuela. Any different nationality is required to process the visas at the nearest Mexican Consulate. FM-3 and FM-2, Resident. The FM-3 allows you to live in Mexico. If you have the intention of establishing your business or to work in Mexico, this type of permit is documented on your FM-3 once it has been authorized by the Immigration authorities. You can have your FM-3 document for 5 years with the obligation of renewing it every year. After the fifth renewal your visa becomes an FM-2 which gives a permanent residency in the Country. You will have this document for an additional 5 years, also with the obligation of renewing it every year. A foreign citizen may apply for Mexican citizenship after 10 consecutive years (FM-3 + FM-2) of residing in the Country. Business Visa. If you plan on sporadically visiting the country for business, but do not intend to remain in Mexico, a special Business Visa to conduct and engage in business activities may be requested from the Immigration authorities. If you are planning on frequently visiting Mexico for business, or if you are establishing a Mexican corporation were you will be an official, then an FM-3 is required. This document will allow you to enter the country in multiple occasions, as well as to conduct business representing your corporation.