|Welcome to Le Roys Bush - a beautiful complex of reserves with streams and walkways running from Highbury down to Little Shoal Bay beach.
- This website is for people who enjoy walking through the bush and want to learn more about it.
- Or who would like to help keep it beautiful and free of pest plants.
Want to learn more? Read on below!
- Make your voice heard! Your local board is asking for your input
The Kaipatiki Local Board is consulting on the Local Plan for the next 3 years
· What you think would make our neighbourhoods even better places to live, work and play?
· What’s important to you, what services you think the KLB should provide and what projects they should focus on.
- Attend the meeting at Birkenhead Library, 6 to 8pm Thursday 27 Feb 2014
- Thanks to Auckland Council EIF fund for 2014 grant
- We are delighted to hear that the EIF is supporting us again in 2014
- Many thanks to Auckland Council, the Kaipatiki Local Board and the Council's Parks, Biosecurity and other departments that assist us
- This will allow us to supplement the wonderful work undertaken by volunteers with professional help controlling the pest plants that continually threaten to re-invade the wetland and surrounding bush
- Birkenhead Point Community Group
If you live on Birkenhead Point, you may get an invitation to join the Birkenhead Point Community Group on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/birkenheadpoint/ - if you don't wish to join it on Facebook but would like to be kept informed of events, please email email@example.com to be added to the email list.
And if you don't get an invitation to join - email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to join.
- RMA - concerned about the impact the RMA reforms may have on our bush reserves? Click here
NatureSpace is a growing site to link together community restoration efforts across NZ.
- New Zealand’s iconic endemic longfin eel (tuna) is in trouble.
Thanks to our sponsors:
The LRB Management Committee gratefully acknowledges support from the Auckland Council : a grant from the EIF fund towards weed control, the Parks Department and Biosecurity Services and from the Kaipatiki Local Board