Welcome to the Friends of Le Roys Bush website
Le Roys Bush (Wai Manawa) is a beautiful complex of reserves with streams and walkways running from Birkenhead Village (Highbury) down to Little Shoal Bay beach
You are invited to these activities
- Bush Rescue working parties:
- You are cordially invited to join us on our next bush rescue working bees:
- Sunday 26 February - 10am to noon - see our news page
- Friday 3 March - 10am to noon - see our news page
- Also every day is a Moth Plant control day - help protect our Monarch Butterflies and our bush
- See our news page for details of these events
- Thanks to all who have helped out all year and in particular
The Kaipatiki Local Board for the Small Improvement Projects funding they have provided to complement voluntary work in Valley Road and Little Shoal Bay wetland
The Bank of New Zealand for the wonderful volunteer assistance as part of the Closed for Good programme
Rat bait blitz - see Rat Blitz programme - to learn how to join next blitz
- Track upgrade consultation
- We met again with Council staff and consultants on 30 Nov 2016. See notes on our news page.
- Beyond the Fence
Ecomatters in New Lynn sells big black weed bags that you can keep at the bottom of your garden for weeds to rot down in. Prices are: Medium $35 Jumbo $45 We get a small discount for bulk orders.
If you'd like to buy a weedbag, contact Ecomatters direct or if you'd like to buy in bulk, email email@example.com.
Thanks to our sponsors - Auckland Council