Welcome to the Friends of Le Roys Bush website
Le Roys Bush (Wai Manawa) is a beautiful complex of reserves with streams and walkways running from Birkenhead Village (Highbury) down to Little Shoal Bay beach
- Bush Rescue working parties:
- Friday 7 Oct from 10am to noon (1st Friday of month) 251 Hinemoa St
Rat bait winter blitz - see Rat Blitz programme 2016
- EcoFest Kaipatiki - 28 October to 6 November
- includes beach cleanup at Little Shoal Bay 6 November
- Beyond the Fence
- Next Wine and Weeds event - 2pm Sunday 16 October at Ravenhill
- bring your weeds for identification;
- you buy your wine; Beyond the Fence's sponsors provide some food
- Meet your neighbours; hear more about what's going on in the private land around the reserve.
- Click here for Beyond the Fence project activities
If you live next to Le Roys and don't yet have a bait station, get your free station and bait now!
Ecomatters in New Lynn sells big black weed bags that you can keep at the bottom of your garden for weeds to rot down in.
If you'd like to buy a weedbag, contact Ecomatters direct or if you'd like to buy in bulk, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prices are: Medium $35 Jumbo $45
Thanks to our sponsors - Auckland Council