- One more person to open/close barriers in the stands between performances (BONUS: You get to see the entire show!)
- Concessions help - second shift ( )
- Donations of canned sodas / small (8-oz) bottles of water for hospitality. Can be dropped off at the stadium between 12-3 .
- Two former band students to serve as judge runners. If you know of any who could help from 559-469-7515. , please have them contact me directly at
James Logan High School
1800 H Street
Union City, CA 94587
We need three people to help with the seasoning and cooking of the tri tips. You would need to be available from 11:00-3:00.
We need six-eight people to help with the wrapping of the cooked tri tips as they come off the grill. We would need you from about 1:00-4:00. STUDENTS CAN HELP HERE!
We need eight-ten people (STUDENTS INCLUDED!) to help with the distribution of the dinners and the overseeing of the bake sale. We need you from 3:30-6:30.
We need parents to drop off clearly labeled ice chests by 12:00, and to pick them up by 6:30. We will be using them to store the cooked tri tips.
We need families to buy sodas. Food Co in Hanford has Coca Coloa 2-liters on sale for $.99 through Tuesday. We are asking for regular cola only (either Pepsi or Coke). If you are able to buy some, please sign up on the volunteer spot page so we can have a clear idea of what we still need to purchase. The sodas need to be dropped off at the band room at 11:00 on Monday, 10/10.
Finally, we need bake sale donations. Individually wrapped items are needed. Please drop them off at the band room any time from 12:00 - 3:00.
After the parade, they will return to the band room where they will have a pizza dinner, generously donated by one of our booster parents.
We could use some parents to help with setting up and serving the dinner. If you can help, please be at the band room by 4:00. The kids will be fed right outside, so we will need plates and utensils set up on the tables, as well as Gatorade to be made. Here is the signup to help if you can: Homecoming DinnerFor Friday night's game, the kids will not be doing a halftime show, so we will not need a pit crew. However, they will be playing in the stands, and we will still be working the concessions booth, so all other volunteers are still needed. We are expecting a larger crowd due to it being homecoming, so we could use additional help at the concessions booth. I would like to have it staffed with 5 people for both shifts. 6:00-8:00, and 8:00-10:00. Here is the link for that: Homecoming Game
LHS orientation is scheduled for Thursday 7/29 (9th grade) and Friday 7/29 (10-12th grades).
On Thursday, freshman are welcome to attend the LINK crew welcome in the morning. However, this is not required and it is a personal decision about sending your student. During this time, they will play games and take a tour of the campus. (For what it is worth, I did not send my daughter when she was a freshman. She had already bonded with a good group of kids during band camp, and she was comfortable with the campus layout, so she attended band camp that morning instead.)
In the afternoon on Thursday, freshman will attend orientation according to the time specified on the card in their packet. Mr. McElhaney is requesting that students return to band camp as soon as they are done.
Sophomores, juniors, and seniors will attend registration on Friday, also on the time specified in their packet. This is different from past years; the band will not be going to registration all at the same time. Again, Mr. McElhaney is asking that the kids hurry back to band camp.
Be sure to take the following items to orientation, or you will not be allowed in:
- National lunch program application - required even if you think or are sure that you will not quality
- Student and parent handbook acknowledgement, signed by both student and parent
- Yellow emergency card, filled out and signed by parent (the back side of the appointment card)
- Parental consent form - filled out and signed by parent
- Parental options form - filled out and signed by parent
- Annual student health update - filled out and signed by parent
- Student information form - filled out and signed by parent