Reminder: McTeacher's Night is the first Wednesday of each month. Dine at McDonalds and support our school. That's it. It's so easy you should bring a group with you.
Here’s a snapshot of activities sponsored by FLS Home & School Association
- Book Fairs (fall/spring) The fall book fair is a fundraiser; however, we also host this event to also encourage a love of reading.
- BooHoo Breakfast FLS H&S hosts a breakfast in the library for kindergarten families on the first day of school.
- Book Swap A program designed to make it possible for all students to have access to books. Books are exchanged for “new” books at the book swap location.
- Crossing Guard/Bus Driver Appreciation Day Not only do we celebrate the awesome staff that help get our children to and from school safely, their staff also share safety tips during an assembly at the start of the school year.
- Family Movie Night H&S covers movie entertainment costs for fmailes to come and spend a family night after hours at FLS, watching a recent movie and enjoy popcorn and drinks.
- First Day of School Welcome Themed decorations line the entrance as students enter FLS their first week.
- Holiday Gift Giving Workshop A fun holiday event for participants and volunteers the first weekend in December. Children make holiday gifts for their friends and families. MANY volunteers are needed to pull off this wonderful event, including the planning and prep during the weeks leading up to the event.
- Holiday Giving Tree Holiday decorations are displayed in the front of the school library with a gift collection box. The school nurse will send out a wish list of items sought for Leighton families in need.
- Kindergarten Screening H&S volunteers introduce future families and students to our program while the school nurse, psychologist and speech therapist screen the children.
- Performing Arts Members of the committee work with the staff to bring special performing arts programs to FLS.
- PBIS Celebrations Positive Behavior Interventions and Support is a systems approach to establishing the social culture and behavioral supports needed for all children in school to achieve both socially and academically.
- Read-A-Thon H&S hosts this event every fall to encourage the love of reading in our students. Volunteer collect prizes for the students and throw a party for the classroom with the greatest participation.
- School Pictures Volunteers coordinate and assist the students/ photographer during staff picture day every year.
- Staff Appreciation Day FLS H&S provides faculty and staff tokens of appreciation at the end of each year.
- Triathlon H&S volunteers coordinate , cheer on and provide food and refreshments to our athletes as they swim, bike and run their way to the finish!
- Yearbook Dedicated 6th grade students, parent volunteers and teachers work cooperatively to create a quality year book. Pictures are collected throughout the year at email@example.com