2016 Lehigh Laxfest Tournament Rules
· Mouthguards, must be worn at all times
· Players may only compete for one team during the event
· All penalties are 1 minute, as games are in “running-time”. Officials can extend penalties beyond 1 minute if warranted.
· Penalties begin on the referee’s re-start.
· Any fighting or flagrant disrespect towards an official will result in expulsion for the remainder of the tournament. No exceptions, no refunds.
· Teams must be available for all games. Please remember that many teams travel great distances for this event expecting to play a minimum of 4 games, and we rely on your professionalism to hold that commitment.
· Referees are in charge of each individual field during gameplay, and may use their discretion to override a tournament rule if he feels necessary to do so. They have final say.
· Games consist of two 19-minute halves, and a 2 minute halftime.
· There are no time outs.
· Game times are kept at tournament HQ using an airhorn system.
o One long airhorn blasts is used to start and stop each half
o Two short airhorn blasts signals 2-minutes remaining (used in 2nd half only)
· IMPORTANT: Field 2 is an older “astroturf” field (not field turf). It is recommended that you bring appropriate footwear should you have a game on this field. Sneakers or turf shoes. Cleats are appropriate on all other fields.
· Tie games will be settled with a “braveheart” competition, unless it is a playoff game.
o Braveheart: Each team fields 1 player and 1 goalie, starting with a faceoff. Only 1 player per team is allowed on the offensive side of the midfield line. Goalies can cross if the middie stays back. NO substitutions.
§ If a penalty occurs, the following rules apply:
· Loose ball technical foul: Possession awarded to fouled team
· Technical foul with possession: Possession awarded at spot w/ 5-yard head start
· Personal foul with possession: Player who fouled receives a 1-minute penalty. (yes, that results in a 1 v 0 with goalies, and goalie with no middie can cross mid-field).
o SEMI-FINAL AND CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES: Settled 10v10, first goal wins. Not Braveheart.
YOUTH SPECIFIC RULES
· Follow standard US Lacrosse rules. No clearing counts. Winning team keep it in the box last 2 minutes.
· No one-handed checks.
· Goalies must wear elbow pads.
· A mercy rule is in effect if one team has a lead of 8 or more goals. In this situation, the team trailing has the choice of starting with a free clear, or a faceoff.
HIGH SCHOOL SPECIFIC RULES
· NFHS clearing rules are in effect. Winning team keep it in the box last 2 minutes
· A mercy rule is in effect if one tea has a lead of 8 or more goals. In this situation, the team trailing has the choice of starting with a free clear, or a faceoff.
INCLEMENT WEATHER RULES
· There are no rain dates for this event. Assume that games will be played on their scheduled dates.
· If inclement weather causes a game stoppage (i.e. lightning), the following rules apply:
o Play will stop until the head official deems conditions are safe to resume play
o If play stops in the first half of a game, the game resumes with the beginning of the 2nd half.
o If play stops in the 2nd half of a game, the game ends immediately. The team in the lead gets the win. If tied, a braveheart takes place when play resumes.
o If the delay is substantial, Tournament HQ may decide to shorten some games until the event is back on-time.until the event is back on-time.