Online and Blended Teacher
Launched in 2011, Online & Blended Teacher Certification guides educators through a curriculum based on the iNACOL National Standards for Online Teaching. Upon successful completion, the certification will give schools, districts and other prospective employers assurance that Leading Edge Certified Online & Blended Teachers not only have the skills to effectively facilitate online and blended courses, but also have a solid understanding of how to enhance the learning opportunities for all students enrolled in their courses.
Thank you to our amazing curriculum contributors. Their ideas, dedication, hard work and patience are greatly appreciated.
Thank you to all of you for making this Online Teacher curriculum Leading Edge!
Lainie Rowell, LEC Program Coordinator
Mike Lawrence, Founding Alliance Chair
Theresa Rouse, Ed.D., Online Teacher Advisory Board Chair
- Allison Powell, Ed.D., International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL)
- Bob Hiles, Computer-Using Educators (CUE) Consultant
- Chris Bell, Julian Charter School and Computer-Using Educators (CUE) Consultant
- Dennis Large, California Technology Assistance Project (CTAP)
- Eileen C. Walters, Contra Costa County Office of Education (CCCOE)
- Gwen Harris, Saddleback Valley Unified School District (SVUSD)
- Jason Borgen, TICAL and Santa Cruz County Office of Education (SCCOE)
- Karen Wagner, San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE)
- Kelly Schwirzke, Santa Cruz County Office of Education (SCCOE)
- Matt Gehrett, Fresno Pacific University (FPU)
- Michelle Pacansky-Brock, Mt. San Jacinto College and @One Consultant
Molly Large, California Technology Assistance Project (CTAP)
- Sandy Somera, San Mateo County Office of Education (SMCOE)
- Tina Silverstein, Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE)
- Vivian Goldschmidt, Orange County Department of Education (OCDE)
- Greg Ottinger, San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) Special thanks to our Curriculum Committee Chair for his leadership.
The curriculum was originally adapted from the @One online certification program with the complete permission of the developers. Significant changes and enhancements were made to shorten the curriculum scope from a 200 hour program to a more nimble 60 hours and refocus it for K12 teaching and learning. This curriculum is licensed with a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution, Share-Alike license (CC BY-SA).
Unless otherwise noted, all images included in this site are licensed and used with permission from: presentermedia.com