Bookmarking Tools for Your Favorite Resources, Articles, and Sites
Assessment Tools for Students
Vocabulary Development Tools
- Quizlet - create your own flashcards
- StudyBlue - create your own flashcards
- Blanchan Shahi - visual dictionary using the power of Google, Yahoo, and Flickr images.
- Snappy Words - visual dictionary tool.
- Visuwords - a visual dictionary tool.
Screencasting Tools to Flip Your Classroom
- Screencastomatic - web-based platform to record on your screen
- Jing - screencasting tool
- MoveNote - combine your webcam, voice, and the pictures
- AwwApp - interactive whiteboard
Tools to Organize and Collect Student Work
- Edmodo - an educational version of Facebook
- Google Classroom (only available for GAFE Schools)
- SeeSaw - a great journalization tool for students in elementary and middle school. See blog post.
- LiveBinders - an electronic binder that can be used to organize materials or build student portfolios.
- The Work Collector (Script) - a cool way to collect student work into a Google Drive folder. See blog post.
Tools to Build a Web Presence (Websites and Blogs)
- Google Sites - create websites for free with your Google account
- Weebly - free website tool
- Wix - create dynamic websites
- Blogger - great blogging platform
- Kid Blog - perfect tool for moderating student blog posts and protecting student privacy
Amazing Pictures and Word Clouds
- Padlet - students can share thoughts, pictures, files through virtual post-it notes
- Today's Meet - create your own temporary classroom chatroom
- Bubbl.us - good brainstorming tool
- AnswerGarden - share a URL and have your students add their own phrases and words
- Google Keep - share your ideas, manage projects, etc.
- Read Write Think - filled with numerous tools and interactives for learning
- Tweeter Board (Google Form) - a great way to have your student's "tweet" without Twitter
URL Shorteners and QR Code Generators
- Goo.gl - generates shortened URL, QR Code, and provides statistics
- TinyURL - create your own customized URL
- QR Code Generator - publish content and generate a QR Code.
- QR Stuff - create your own customized QR Codes
Classroom Management and Personal Productivity Tools
- Class Dojo - online behavior management system
- Remind - send quick messages to parents and students on any device
- Wunderlist - an excellent checklist and project management tool on any device
- Evernote - keep track of notes, ideas, important pieces of information, etc. on any device
- TimeMe - collection of free stopwatches, timers, etc.
- Too Noisy - regulate the noise levels in your classroom
- Smore - a great tool for creating event pages for student
- Planboard - great place to generate and share lesson plans