Please visit our separate website for full details on CIRCLE: https://kccircle.wordpress.com/
Rather than a one day, one location co-op, CIRCLE allows each teacher to pick the topic, time, date and location of each class s/he is offering. Teachers may offer one-day activities, or they may choose to teach recurring/multi-part classes (i.e. weekly throughout the quarter, three times total, etc.). The majority of our classes tend to be in Kansas City and its surrounding communities. If you are not in the KC Metro area, you are still welcome to participate. Our members will drive longer distances for classes they are interested in. Alternatively, you can look into reserving free space at area libraries, or you can host at another member’s home. See our “previous classes” page for more details and ideas. Although membership in LEARN is encouraged, nonmember families may participate with a $10 surcharge per session.
After submitting at least one class (you are welcome to submit as many as you like), you and your family may register for as many classes as you desire. Sessions are offered in quarters; our quarters are December – February (winter), March – May (spring), June – August (summer), and September – November (fall). We start preparing for each quarter one month prior to the next quarter (i.e., we plan the summer quarter in May, while finishing up with the spring classes). Prior to the planning month, participants are welcome to chat about the classes they plan to offer (we will e-mail an official class reminder prior to class submission).
Here is a schedule of how we plan for each quarter:
- During the first week of the planning month (the 1st through 7th), participants submit their classes to the co-op calendar.
- Our volunteers will work behind the scenes from the 8th through the 10th finalizing the calendar and preparing the enrollment form.
- Participants enroll in classes from the 11th through the 17th.
- Volunteers will sort students into classes from the 18th through the 20th.
- All fees need to be paid between the 21st and 27th.
- Fee disbursements will be sent to teachers by the last day of the month.
- Teachers will invite students via the calendar on the last day of the month.