For a long time - since 2011 - we saw this decade coming. But there was no portal site, no logo for the decade. So we mocked-up one using the logo of the 2011 year of observance for people of African Descent and turned it into this collage. It's now been adopted as logo for the decade.
2015–25 International Decade for People of African Descent
2015–25 International Dec...People of African Descent
It is clear a lot of awareness rising is to be done so the decision makers and leaders bring their attention, time, resources and money to this topic.
How? Well, the combination of art and (social) media are always very cheap and effective.
If you have any idea's, please login/ask for a login and start adding your ideas here.
Requests for collaboration to raise awareness on the 2015-25 UN International Decade for People of African Descent
- To the discussion tool on the 2015-25 UN international Decade for People of African Descent
- To the discussion tool on the 2011–2020 Third (!) International Decade for the Eradication of Colonialism
- Invitez nous pour un atelier sur "la 2015-25 UN international Decade for People of African Descent et moi, peace building and pacification" twitter: #africandescent
- Invitez nous pour un atelier sur "la 2011–2020 Third (!) International Decade for the Eradication of Colonialism et moi, peace building and pacification" #colonialism - Sorry to report that the decade doesn't have a portal site. It is the only decade by the "we the peoples of" ... the United Nations that nobody bothered making a portal site for. Staggering to us and this is a push to raise awareness on the issue.
- To our dedicated page for the 2011–2020 Third (!) International Decade for the Eradication of Colonialism
- To our dedicated page for the 2015-25 UN international Decade for People of African Descent
- Our HUB21-Culture 21 Division: Art, Leadership Development & Innovation along Agenda21 - Art that saves the World
- One of our realisations: at the right, check out our logo's for #africandescent and #colonialism
- Official Portal: 2015-25 Decennium for People of African Descent
- Coordination 2015-25 Decennium for People of African Descent
- Art projects on the 3rd (!) UN International Decade Against Colonialism
- Official Portal: http://www.un.org/en/decolonization/index.shtml
- http://en.unesco.org/womeninafrica/ - African Women Hero's. For all ages. For teenagers, there are coloured quality comic books so teenagers have black female hero role models at their disposal.
- Other African Hero's:
- Thomas SANKARA
- Ignatius Sancho
"Africa and the world are yet to recover from Sankara’s assassination. Just as we have yet to recover from the loss of Patrice Lumumba, Kwame Nkrumah, Eduardo Mondlane, Amílcar Cabral, Steve Biko, Samora Machel, and most recently John Garang, to name only a few. While malevolent forces have not used the same methods to eliminate each of these great pan-Africanists, they have been guided by the same motive: to keep Africa in chains."
— Antonio de Figueiredo 
- Committee for the Relief of the Black Poor
- "King Charles I of Spain, following the example of the Swedish monarch, passed a law which would have abolished colonial slavery in 1542, although this law was not passed in the largest colonial states, and so was not enforced."