- "The Sankofa bird" (right) is often associated with the proverb, “Se wo were fi na wosankofa a yenkyi," which translates as: "It is not wrong to go back for that which you have forgotten." The Sankofa symbol appears frequently in traditional Akan art, and has also been adopted as an important symbol in an African-American and African Diaspora context to represent the need to reflect on the past to build a successful future. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankofa
- The dove and palm branch. More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_symbols#The_dove_and_olive_branch
- The Pan-African Flag: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-African_flag
- 2011–2020 has been dedicated by (We the people of) the United Nations as Third (!) International Decade for the Eradication of Colonialism
- USSR-Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. Is it smart to put all the EU states in the same sack as these former colonialists? Or do we loose allies? Even within the Colonial powers, were there victim groups themselves? Let these colonial powers clean up their act, acknowledge, own it, repair it so we can all move to the next stage! We want to do business with Africans, but too often of the time this issue of colonialism is standing in the way.
- Join our discussion on "What is the interest of White people to participate in the
- 2011-2020 Third (!) International Decade for the Eradication of Colonialism #colonialism,
- 2015 - 25 International Decade for People African Descent, #africandescent
- the 2015 EU Year for Development? #EYD2015"
- Short answer: The feelings of hatred, fascism, frustration, and the feeling that the time for patience has been used up in all camps, makes that the minds are not open enough so they can overcome all the hurdles until one has found sustainable teams, listen to each other, what everybody can bring to the table, work out a plan to bring things to the next level. The European Union is 28 member states and 8 of them have a colonial past: France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, the Netherlands. Over generalisations that "all whites are coloniser", puts 20 of the 28 EU member states in a "bag" where they don't belong. On top of this injustice, many of these 20 just come from under dictatorial regimes themselves. They are very sensitive to domination and injustice issues. By choosing more specific words, we can find allies on all sides: non-whites and non-blacks. It is in everybody's' interest to remove hurdles to recognition, ownership, forgiveness, repairs and collaboration in shining light to crooks, criminals, corruption, bad practices on both sides, so they make place for good people and practices. After all it is our world - our planet - our future - our culture - our dignity. There are so many beautiful, inspiring things to be done. Many things have been invented like 3-4 times. It is past-bedtime to start implementing them and enjoy the benefits. Meanwhile many groups are just sitting there, angry - rightfully so, with their backs to the other groups. We are mature enough to address the issues face on. There are groups who know how and how lead the way. We are one of these groups. The world needs all of us, you, me to be able to succeed. Everything that stand in the way of this collaboration must be removed.
- "There is still too much discord, hatred, division, conflict and violence in our world here at the beginning of the 21st century. A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of. … It is so easy to break down and destroy. The heroes are those who make peace and build. ...". More: http://www.un.org/en/events/mandeladay/inhiswords.shtml
- "When a human being is oppressed, the natural tendency is to feel anger. Jazz is a response to oppression that is not bullets and blood. Jazz is the expression of harmony ... and at the same time of hope and freedom." - Herbie Hancock More: http://www.un.org/en/events/jazzday/
- Contact us to be an animator, partner in your events / strategies on peace building.
Hello, welcome. / Bonjour!
Bonjour, je m'appelle Sven AERTS. Bienvenue sur cette page. Je peux vous promettre que vous allez vivre et apprendre des choses TRES intéressantes Rejoignez donc notre équippe ! Si tu ne sais plus quoi faire, contactez nous.
Nous supposons que vous avez suivi l'atelier de base avec Modi NTAMBWE dans l'Insitut de Mentorat? Sinon: Modi NTAMBWE - L'Insitut de Mentorat - Comment fonctionne ce Bureau Virtuel? Atelier par des petits vidéos.
Hi, I'm Sven AERTS. Welcome to this page. I promis you'll live and learn some very interesting stuff, so join and team up! If you don't know what to do anymore or get stuck, contact us.
We assume you've followed our initiation workshop with our Modi NTAMBWE at the Leadership development Institute ? If not Modi NTAMBWE - Leadership Development Institute - How does this Virtuel Office work? Workshop with little video's.
Picture: Sven AERTS and Blue Helmet Lt. Dr. VOGEL UNFOR - Sarajevo during the World Youth Peace Summit. One of a series of events on Peace Restauration during the Balkan Civil Wars.