- Achieve 3000 is the reading program used by LMES students in grades 3-7. Students can log in from home.
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary Online is
your resource for your dictionary and thesaurus needs. Check it out
every day for a new "Word of the Day" and find fun word games to play.
- Ms. Lowry's Links is a collection of links gathered by Ms. Lowry, our computer technology instructor.
- SOL Pass is
Virginia's leader in SOL science and social studies practice and
review. Our students can log in from home for additional study.
- Study Island provides easy-to-use, web-based standards mastery products based on state educational standards.
You Can Help Our School!
- Clip and send to school:
- Ink Cartridges & Small Electronics - Send your spent ink cartridges and unused small electronics to Ms. Lowry. Our school earns cash recycling these items!
- Juice pouches - Send your empty juice pouches to Ms. Burrell for recycling. Our school earns $0.02 per ounce of recycled juice pouches!
- Chip Bags - Send your empty chip bags to Ms. Burrell for recycling. Our school earns $0.02 per ounce of recycled chip bags!
- Elmer's Glue Crew - Send your empty glue bottles, glue sticks, and glue caps for recycling. Our school earns $0.02 for each one!
- Link Your Cards
- Campbell's ELabels for Education
- register your Food Lion, Kroger, or other participating reward card
with the eLabels program to earn even more Labels for
Education points for our school. Our school earns one extra point for each
participating Labels for Education product you buy when you use a
registered reward card.
- Food Lion MVP Card - Link your Food Lion MVP card to our school and Lawson-Marriott earns rewards every time you use your MVP card. Use school code 217642 after submitting the number from your MVP card. Also, see the Campbell's ELabels for Education link above to earn more rewards for our school with your MVP card.
- Target RedCard - Link your Target RedCard to Lawson-Marriott Elementary School through Take Charge of Education and our school will earn up to 1% back from purchases you make with you RedCard.
- Donate Rewards
- MyCoke Rewards - Enter the codes from your coke products (under the cap on bottles, under the cardboard removed to open on cases of cans) at the My Coke Rewards website and donate them to our school where they can be redeemed for supplies and equipment.
- Sell Video Games and Electrocnics
- MaxBack - Sell your used video games, computers, iPods, and more and MaxBack will give our school 10% of your item's value!
- Search and Shop Online
- GoodSearch - Use Goodsearch as your search engine, select Lawson-Marriott, and our school will earn one cent for every search you perform.
- GoodShop - Start at Goodshop when you shop online and your purchases will earn cash back for our school. Some retailers give discounts for using Goodshop, also!
1 – Read Across America
13 – PTO Meeting @ 6:30 (King & Queen
13-14 – 5th Grade Writing Test
20 – School Board Meeting
29 – Early Dismissal
1-5 – Spring Break (School Closed)
Inclement Weather /Call line
During the past week, we have had delays and school closings
due to the inclement weather. If you
have not been receiving an automated message from the King and Queen County
Schools Call line, please contact the Secretary for information on how to add
your number to the call line.
You don't have to be a member to visit the Tigers PTO. Check us out on Facebook, too!
- Need Clothing?- If you need clothing for your family, please visit the King and Queen Community Ministries Clothes Closet. The Clothes Closet, located at Bruington Baptist Church, 4784 The Trail, is open the first Saturday of every month from 10 am until noon. You may also visit Saint David’s Episcopal in Aylett, VA. Their clothes closet is open every Saturday from 10:00 to 11:30. Both are free for any King and Queen resident. For emergency needs or additional information please call Ms. Lowry at school.
- Need Food? - The Mobile Food Pantry at Mizpah Methodist Church in Walkerton provides a food program in conjunction with the Central Virginia Food Bank every other month on the first Wednesday of the month between 1 and 2 p.m. Apply for vouchers at Social Services to receive food. Volunteers, please arrive at 12:15.