- The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) are a critical element in bringing about real and meaningful transformation of our national educational system to benefit each student in every classroom.
- The CCSS help define the knowledge and skills all students need to succeed in college and careers.
- Expectations will be consistent for all students across the nation.
- A state-led movement through the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers.
- Designed by a diverse group of teachers, professionals, organizations, parents, and school administrators to provide a clear and consistent framework to prepare our children for college and the workforce.