- Create a page in your portfolio called MindMaps: Operating Systems; Browsers; Hardware/Devices.
- Create a free account with Mindmeister: Online Mind Mapping and Brainstorming - MindMeister
- Optional: Create a free account with Lucid Chart: Free Flowchart Software & Flowchart Examples | Lucidchart
On your page, above your mindmap, do the following and remember to give sources for your definitions:
- Define: Operating system
- Define: Open Source
- Define: Web Browser
- Define: RAM
- List all the devices you own, including brands and models; operating systems; carriers; RAM; storage
- Personal Computers (including portables)
- Create a mindmap titled Operating System
- Complete 2 pros and 2 cons for each operating system with links to show the source of your information
Choose one from the following 4 topics and create a mindmap using Personal Brain
- Create a mindmap titled Browsers
- Complete 2 pros and 2 cons for each of the 5 major browsers with links to show the source of your information
When finished, upload it to WebBrain and embed it in your portfolio Page
We will merge these with other students
- Personal Computers; Laptops; Notebooks; Netbooks
- Gaming Systems
Helpful links follow:
This topic of my CIS105 is fluid. There is always some breaking technology that is worthy of our attention, at this point in the semester.
For the first part of the assignment, we start with Mindmeister using Windows, then switch to Ubuntu 10.04, to complete it. This is so that you can experience the same task using 2 different operating systems.
- Access your portfolio and my portfolio from within Linux, using Chrome.
- Click on the "Share" button; then Publish, making sure that "Publish" is "on". Click on "Embed" and copy the code. Close the window.
- Edit your MindMaps page and click on "HTML". Paste the copied code and save. The mindmap should be embedded.
- Complete all the legs of the Mindmap with a minimum of 2 strengths and weaknesses for each system.. Use phrases, not complete sentences.