Video Tutorials and Links
Completing the Square: slow walk-through
Arithmetic and Geometric Sequence Formulas (livescribe formula sheet)
Essence of Calculus playlist by youtuber 3Blue1Brown -- I highly recommend for any student going into calculus or taking calculus; beautiful visualizations
Derivatives of Trig Functions (livescribe printable of the basic trig derivatives and how to memorize them)
Work Pumping Water out of Tanks Formula Reasoning (livescribe formula sheet)
Hydrostatic Force Formula Reasoning (livescribe formula sheet)
Probability, Counting, Permutations, Combinations
Circle problems - by Art of Problem Solving
Handshake/high five problem -- by Art of Problem Solving
Combinations Introduction -- why the formula makes sense; overcounting repeats when order doesn't matter; by Art of Problem Solving
These are the texts and websitesI highly recommend for SAT practice:
The Official SAT Study Guide -- A must have. These questions are most similar to those on the actual test. Other books can miss the mark by far, so be careful!
College Board -- More official practice. Free!
Khan Academy -- start a mission! keeps feeding you problems with instant feedback; gives you new ones based on how you're doing; suggests videos when you get stuck
The 32 Most Effective Math Strategies -- Easy to read with great tips. You can visit his webpage for free tips or watch his YouTube videos. Here's a link to one in which he solves a section in eight minutes. :)
Dr. John Chung's SAT Math -- Great for more practice tests!
Abacus -- amazing kids doing crazy long calculations in seconds using abacus
Proofs Without Words -- from Art of Problem Solving
Summer Readiness Packets
Sheppard Software -- really fun!
Math Magician -- quizzes basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
Free Video Tutorials
- Khan Academy
- Patrick JMT
- Udacity -- Free online courses! I highly recommend their "descriptive statistics" course. Very clear explanations!!
- That Tutor Guy -- good clear explanations; many of his videos can be found on YouTube for free or you can pay a small amount for a more comprehensive course
- Art of Problem Solving great videos for pre-algebra, algebra, counting & probability, math counts, and more!
- Math by Fives
- IntegralCalc -- really well-done and entertaining calculus and pre-calculus tutorials
- BestDamnTutoring.com sorry for the language, but the videos are good!
- MIT OpenCourseWare free lectures and full courses, complete with notes, written homework problems with solutions...all free! Pretty cool!
- APStatsGuy good quick video tutorials for Statistics and AP Statistics
- Official CSET Website view test dates and official practice tests
- Orange County Department of Education purchase workbooks or sign up for workshops
- UCI OpenCouseWare a good set of free practice problems and tutorials
College Matriculation Practice Problems
- ELM practice problems more ELM practice All video solutions on YouTube
- Saddleback College Matriculation
- IVC Matriculation
- Interact Math direct link to their ELM prep course
- Embedded Math -- Unit Circle printables
- Dr. Math -- professors of math answer commonly asked questions in layman's terms
- Wolfram Alpha -- type in a problem, it solves it! type in an equation, it graphs it!
- Rate my Professor -- good teachers are what it's all about; find out what students are saying about the professors at your school
- Geometry Constructions -- great step by step demonstrations of geometric constructions
- Hotmath -- worked-out solutions guide for most school textbooks
- Cramster -- yet another great worked-out solutions guide for most school textbooks
- Online Graphing Calculator
Extra Credit - Elementary
- BrainPop -- watch a video, then do a quiz or assessment and print the results
- Borrow and read Math Curse -- solve three of the problems posed (challenge yourself!), or research one of the mathematicians mentioned, or write a paragraph on your favorite parts of the book and what you learned
Extra Credit - Middle School and Highschool
- Math Counts -- try the problem of the week
- MathCounts Handbook-- challenging!, try just choosing five from a page to start
- Graph and print a picture on Desmos!
- Watch one of the following YouTube videos then write a paragraph on how you liked it and what you learned
- Five Strange and Cool Mathematics Facts by Patrick JMT
- What was up with Pythagoras by Vi Hart (only if you've studied the Pythagorean Theorem)
- Doodling in Math: Spirals and Fibonnaci Sequence and Being a Plant by Vi Hart
- Pi is (still) Wrong by Vi Hart -- only if you've done trig and radian measure
- Amazing Abacus
- Labyrinth Logic Riddle -- watch this clip of one of my favorite movies and explain if Sarah's logic makes sense
- MathCounts Competition Video -- these kids are amazing! watch this clip, and see if you can show work to explain their answers
- SAT Practice -- ask me for study packets
- Kutasoftware -- select any worksheet covering either your current area or review
- Khan Academy -- sign yourself up and add me as your coach
- Buy an extra textbook