About St. Edmond Church
St. Edmond Roman Catholic Church was founded in June 1912 in South Philadelphia to serve the growing population of Catholics at overflowing nearby parishes. It was once known as the "Cathedral of South Philadelphia" due to its size and architectural features. On July 1, 2014, St. Edmond's was merged with St. Monica Parish, also in South Philadelphia, and became a worship site of the same. As of June 7, 2015, the Traditional Latin Mass Community of Philadelphia will begin to offer the Extraordinary Form of the Mass at St. Edmond each week, as an implementation of Pope Benedict XVI's 2007 Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, providing mutual liturgical enrichment for the Catholics of Philadelphia.
From an article on CatholicPhilly.com, July 16th, 2012:
The original article can be viewed at: http://catholicphilly.com/2012/07/news/local-news/local-catholic-news/st-edmonds-marks-100-years-in-south-philadelphia/