You will have 30 minutes from when your challenge is announced
to submit your answers for Round I, using the form at the right. Please note that this 1-page form will not be accessible until the contest is officially open. Be prepared to submit the following in the 30 minutes that you are allotted and keep a close eye on the countdown:
- You will need to accept the Terms & Conditions as outlined in the Contest Rules, in addition to submitting your full name, email address and answers for the Quickfire Challenge. A preview of the form appears at the right.
- The 200 highest scoring individuals will be selected to proceed to Round II. Scores will be based upon number of correct answers and speed of entry.
to Round I of the Google Maps/Geo challenge. Starting from now, you
will have until 4:30 P.M. PDT to complete the following questions. All
of these questions have a single right answer.
Accept the Terms & Conditions to the Contest Rules and submit your answers at one of mirrored forms below.
Use the form that corresponds with your last name:
A - L: http://goo.gl/SAZA5
M - Z: http://goo.gl/1jTdC
is the latitude and longitude of the Moscone Center at 747 Howard St
San Francisco, CA 94103 as returned by the Maps API geocoder?
- What is the elevation at 37.4216227, -122.0840263 (hint: use the elevation service)?
- "A Fusion Table with id 54321 contains the following columns:
name, type = STRING
age, type = NUMBER
location, type = LOCATION
with the following data:
Bob, 32, “Palo Alto, CA”
Steve, 45, “Sunnyvale, CA”
Alyssa, 33, “San Jose, CA”
Construct a query to return the name and age of all rows within a 5 mile radius from the lat,long coordinates 37.1, -122. "
SELECT name, age FROM 54321 WHERE ST_INTERSECTS(location, CIRCLE(LATLNG(37.1, -122), 8046.72))
need to find out the address at 33° 52′ 1″ S, 151° 11′ 45″ E. What is
the full URL you would need to issue to the The Google Maps Geocoding
Web Service to get the answer?
Walking Tours of San FranciscoBuild a mobile web app to record and recommend walking tours around the sights of San Francisco for I/O attendees who have never been to the city before Extra points for incorporating:
- Street View
- Showing the elevation profiles for each walk
- Implementing a Styled Map
- Using fusion tables