You will have 30 minutes from when your challenge is announced
to submit your answers for Round I, using the form at the right. Please note that this 1-page form will not be accessible until the contest is officially open. Be prepared to submit the following in the 30 minutes that you are allotted and keep a close eye on the countdown:
- You will need to accept the Terms & Conditions as outlined in the Contest Rules, in addition to submitting your full name, email address and answers for the Quickfire Challenge. A preview of the form appears at the right.
- The 200 highest scoring individuals will be selected to proceed to Round II. Scores will be based upon number of correct answers and speed of entry.
to Round I of the Game Developer challenge. Starting from now, you will
have until 9:30 A.M. PDT to complete the following questions. All of
these questions have a single right answer.Accept the Terms & Conditions to the Contest Rules and submit your answers at one of mirrored forms below.Use the form that corresponds with your last name:A - L: http://goo.gl/h8ku6 M - Z: http://goo.gl/9FpPO
to legend, one platinum-selling game ended up with more copies in a
Texas landfill than ever sold to consumers. Who designed that game? Howard Scott Warshaw
- What is the probability of rolling 3 sixes in a row with a standard die? 1/216
- Complete this sentence: Up Up Down Down...Left Right Left Right B A Select Start
- In Super Mario Bros 3, what powerful item is only found on one stage in world 5, and nowhere else in the entire game? Kuribo's Shoe
- What data structure did the 1993 game DOOM use to accelerate raycasts? BSP (binary space partitioning) tree
- A decommissioned ICBM launch facility in the New Mexico desert is a prominent setting in what well-known game? Half Life
- What was the first game console to be classified as a supercomputer for purposes of U.S. export law? Sony Playstation 2
- Which is NOT a capital city in World of Warcraft:
- Thunder Bluff
- Stormcloud City
- In multiplayer Starcraft II, what air unit has the longest range? Viking
- Red, blue, yellow, black, and white are the colors of which popular videogame creatures? Angry Birds
Create an Original GameThe game must use HTML5 features and run on an unmodified copy of Chrome, and it must fit one of the following themes:
The game must be delivered as a Chrome Web Store package (.crx). Publishing the game to the web store is encouraged but not required.
- Order in chaos
- Don't be evil