Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
Here are some of the major benefits associated with laser dentistry:
* Anesthesia - Most laser dental procedures can be carried out either without anesthesia or with minimal anesthesia. Many of the minor oral surgery procedures such as biopsies, frenectomies, small tumor excisions and crown-lengthening procedures can be performed with little or no anesthesia at all!
* Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
* Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
* Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
* Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches).
* Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
* Treatment of patients who are unfit for normal surgical procedures owing to adverse medical conditions is possible to a great extent with lasers.