I have noticed that some people seem to find great signifigance in the fact that they descend from William "The Lion".
With respect to Merovingian genealogy, I would imagine any of his sibling would be just as important. I happen to descend from William, his brother David and their sister Isabel. In addition to that my husband descends from another De Bohun line that descends from them.
The reason conspiracy buffs place importance on William above his siblings is because President Bush descends from him. I don't know why that should make him more important than me. William is not the only royalty that President Bush descends from. See here.Bush's Descent from Edward I
William The Lion
To see how I can descend from 3 lines of the same family see below.
This descendancy chart shows how that President Bush descends from William the Lion.
* King William the Lion of Scotland (1143-1214)
o http://www.rampantscotland.com/famous/blfamwilliamlion.htm He was son of Henry Of Huntingdon
* Isabel of Scotland married Robert de Ros
* Robert de Ros, Magna Charta, Lord successful at international banking. Created first covert intelligence organization.
* Sir William de Ros and Lucy de Ros
* Lucy de Ros married Robert Plumpton, Knight. Two children Sir William Plumpton and Alice Plumpton. Established Order of the Rose and Cross
* Alice Plumpton, Baron married Sir John Boteler. Daughter Alice Boteler
o Descended of William I "The Conqueror" King of England
* Alice Boteler married John Gerard. Had a child Constance Gerard
* Constance Gerard married Alexander Standish
* Ralph Standish married Margaret Radcliffe
* Alexander Standish, Knight married Sybil de Bold
* Ralph Standish married Alice Haryngton
* Roger Standish married...
* Alice Standish married James Prescott
* Jonathan Prescott married Rebecca Bulkeley
* Abel Prescott married Abigail Brigham
* Lucy Prescott married Jonathan Fay
* Samuel Prescott Phillips Fay married Harriet Howard
* Samuel Howard Fay married Susan Shellman
* Harriet Eleanor Fay married Rev. James Smith Bush son of Obadiah Newcomb Bush.
* Samuel Prescott Bush married Flora Sheldon. Child Prescott Bush
* Prescott Bush -> George H.W. Bush -> George W. Bush
William The Lion was Isabel of Avenals brother, so I figure that even if my descent is from her, through to the Boones. it is just as valid. I also descend from their brother David and his daughter Devorgila to the Strathbogie and Comyn line.
Descendants of Isabel Avenal
Generation No. 1
1. ISABEL7 AVENAL (HENRY OF6 HUNTINGDON, DAVID5 I, MALCOLM III CAENMORE4 MACDUNCAN, DUNCAN I THE3 GRACIOUS, CRINAN GRIMUS2 MORMAER, DUNCAN1) was born Abt. 1150. She married ROBERT DE ROS, son of EVERAD DE ROS and ROSE TRUSBUT. He was born 1177, and died 11 Dec 1226.
Child of ISABEL AVENAL and ROBERT DE ROS is:
2. i. WILLIAM8 DE ROS, b. Aft. 1192; d. Abt. 1264.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM8 DE ROS (ISABEL7 AVENAL, HENRY OF6 HUNTINGDON, DAVID5 I, MALCOLM III CAENMORE4 MACDUNCAN, DUNCAN I THE3 GRACIOUS, CRINAN GRIMUS2 MORMAER, DUNCAN1) was born Aft. 1192, and died Abt. 1264. He married LUCY FITZPIERS Abt. 1222 in Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, England, daughter of LORD OF BLEWLEVENEY REGINALD FITZPIERS. She was born Abt. 1205, and died Abt. 1266.
Children of WILLIAM DE ROS and LUCY FITZPIERS are:
3. i. 1ST BARON DE ROS ROBERT9 DE ROS, b. Abt. 1223, Ingmanthorpe, England; d. 13 May 1285.
4. ii. WILLIAM DE ROS.
Generation No. 3
3. 1ST BARON DE ROS ROBERT9 DE ROS (WILLIAM8, ISABEL7 AVENAL, HENRY OF6 HUNTINGDON, DAVID5 I, MALCOLM III CAENMORE4 MACDUNCAN, DUNCAN I THE3 GRACIOUS, CRINAN GRIMUS2 MORMAER, DUNCAN1) was born Abt. 1223 in Ingmanthorpe, England, and died 13 May 1285. He married ISABEL D'ALBINI. She was born Abt. 1225, and died 15 Jun 1301.
Notes for 1ST BARON DE ROS ROBERT DE ROS:
Robert de Ros, 1st Baron de Ros
Robert de Ros, 1st Baron de Ros (c. 1223 - May 13 1285), was an English nobleman and the first holder of the ancient title Baron de Ros.
He was grandson to Robert de Ros and Isabel Avenal, an illegitimate daughter of William I of Scotland and an elder Isabel Avenal. He was son to William de Ros d. 1264/1265) and Lucy Fitzpiers, daughter of Reginald FitzPiers, Lord of Blewleveney.
He was summoned to Parliament in 1264, during the reign of Henry III.
He was married to Isabel D'Albini, rich heiress of William Albini IV. They reportedly had eight children:
William de Ros, 2nd Baron de Ros (1255 - 1317).
Isabel de Ros (c. 1244 - June 12, 1356. Married de Fauconberge.
Mary de Ros (1245 - May 23, 1326). Married William de Braose, son of John de Braose and Margaret ap Llewellyn. Margaret was a daughter of Llywelyn the Great.
Joan de Ros (c. 1252 - October 13, 1348). Married John Lovell, 1st Baron Lovell of Tichmarch.
Avelina de Ros. Married Sir John de Bohun of Midhurst. Alleged eighth-generation ancestor of Daniel Boone.
Robert de Ros (1265 - 1361). Married "Ernberge".
John de Ros, Bishop of Carlisle (d. 1332).
Nicholas de Ros.
On July 3, 1257, Ros obtained from Henry III a grant of the free warren, in the lordship of Belvoir, by which the boundary was determined. In 1258, he was actively employed in Scotland, in delivering King Alexander III of Scotland out of the hands of his rebellious subjects; and at Chester, in resisting the hostile invasions of Llewelyn the Last. In the same year, he and his lady Isabel had a controversy with the Prior and Convent of Belvoir, relative to the right of presentation to the Church of Redmile (near Bottesford), which was amicably compromised by their relinquishing the patronage to the convent, for a certain compensation. In 1261 he obtained from the king the grant of a weekly market, to be held at Belvoir, on Tuesday; and of an annual fair on the feast of St John the Baptist, to continue for three days. In 1264, he was one of the insurgent barons who defeated Henry III at the battle of Lewes, and took him and the prince prisoner, confining them in Hungerford Castle. In 1264, de Ros was summoned to the parliament, which was called by the barons in the king's name. He died in 1285, and was buried at Kirkham.
Children of ROBERT DE ROS and ISABEL D'ALBINI are:
i. AVELINA10 DE ROS, m. JOHN DE BOHUN; b. Abt. 1433, Wales.
Notes for JOHN DE BOHUN:
The father of Geoffrey Bohun I, Sir John, was born ca.1433 in Wales. He married Avelina de Ros, daughter of Sir Robert Ros of Rockingham Castle, Northants. (Avelina was his step-sister.) Their first child was Sir Humphrey de Bohun (who married Margaret Estfield and had a son named John). John de Bohun III as a younger son had not inherited the family title, which goes to Wales sessein knight under one of the de Brasoe landholders. Sir John’s parents were Sir John de Bohun II and Anne Halsham.
ii. WILLAM DE ROS.
iii. MARY DE ROS.
iv. JOAN DE ROS.
v. ISABEL DE ROS.
4. WILLIAM9 DE ROS (WILLIAM8, ISABEL7 AVENAL, HENRY OF6 HUNTINGDON, DAVID5 I, MALCOLM III CAENMORE4 MACDUNCAN, DUNCAN I THE3 GRACIOUS, CRINAN GRIMUS2 MORMAER, DUNCAN1) He married EUSTACHE FITZHUGH.
Child of WILLIAM DE ROS and EUSTACHE FITZHUGH is:
i. LUCY10 DE ROS, m. SIR ROBERT DE PLUMPTON.
This line is the ancestral line of the Boones.
Henry of Huntingdon
+Ada Adelaid De Warrenne
2.William The Lion
+Isabel De Avenal
+William De Saye
+Geoffrey FitzPiers De Mandeville
5Maud Fitz Piers Mandeville FitzGeoffrey my husbands line descends from here see here
+Henry De Bohun
6Ralph De Bohun
7Franco De Bohun
+Sibyl De Ferrers
8John De Bohun
+Joan De La Chappelle
9James De Bohun
+ Joane De Braose
10John De Bohun
11John De bohun
12John De Bohun
13Geoffrey Boone De Bohun
+Pertroline De Ardeme Arderne
14Geoffrey Boone De Bohun The DE ROS line of President Bush ties in here
+ Constance Ap Conyn
16 George Boone
17 George Bohun Boone
+Mary Milton Maugridge
1. Squire Boone father
2. Sarah Boone married Jacob Stover my ancestors