Lapson Advisory was formed in 2011 to provide ratings advisory and consulting services with a focus on the credit and solvency of electric, gas, and water utilities and infrastructure projects.
Key services include:
The firm's founder and principal is Ellen Lapson, CFA, with 40 years of experience and excellence in the analysis of utilities and project finance securities.
- Advising clients on capital structure and debt leverage, and on maintaining or improving credit quality and ratings;
- Providing expert witness testimony in utility regulatory and judicial proceedings;
- Developing and delivering training programs on credit and finance;
- Advising on utility tariff-based securitization transactions;
- Improving communications with fixed income investors.