- decoration: an award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event
- a long strip of inked material for making characters on paper with a typewriter
- A strip of fabric of a special color or design awarded as a prize or worn to indicate the holding of an honor, esp. a small multicolored piece of ribbon worn in place of the medal it represents
- A long, narrow strip of fabric, used esp. for tying something or for decoration
- A long, narrow strip of something
- any long object resembling a thin line; "a mere ribbon of land"; "the lighted ribbon of traffic"; "from the air the road was a grey thread"; "a thread of smoke climbed upward"
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- the act of putting something in working order again
- (LCDS) The London Contemporary Dance School is a school in the United Kingdom for the teaching of contemporary dance.
- Lowest (or least) common denominator
- liquid crystal display: a digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field; used for portable computer displays and watches etc.
- Liquid crystal display
- LCD were a computer generated dance act, active in the late 1990s. Signed to Virgin Records, their one hit single was a euro pop version of the Greek song "Zorbas", entitled "Zorba's Dance".
Well, whatta ya know, it works! After 3 attempts to connect the LCD display ribbon connector and testing it to see if it worked, I finally got it seated on the fourth try. The tip here is that the connector inside the camera has a portion that flips up, then you slide the ribbon in, and then flip it down to grip the ribbon.
After doing this, I have a much greater respect for Japanese engineering. The parts in here are tiny and still fit so well. I've never seen anything American made that even comes close to this kind of design and craftsmanship.
After I closed her up I ended up with just one spare screw...not too shabby! :-)
Oberheim OB-12 LCD repair
You will need to rework that ribbon if you got missing lines ( 12 were missing on that one ) ,, (((( this is an ajustable soldering iron set at min with a clean and sanded with a 600 grit not to have sharp hedges , anyway only a tech can attempt this trick ))) . after i have twisted the pcb to see if the solder was holding ,,, perfect ,,, do nor try to pull the solder will break again , it is tacked not really soldered ...... Crossing fingers that this repair will stand the test of time !