Learning Goals - By the end of this unit students will:
1. Explain and apply economic vocabulary and concepts.
2. Compare and contrast each of the economic philosophies.
3. Apply the concepts of supply and demand to interpret economic possibilities.
4. Distinguish between fiscal and monetary policy.
5. Analyze and evaluate current events.
Class Assignments Homework
1 Basic Economic Concepts and Terms Chs 1-3*August 24
1 Labor Day Holiday
Current Event #1
Contrasting Viewpoints: Is the Cash for Clunkers program (CARS) a legitimate use of government funds?
Current Event #2:
Read article and answer the question...As of Sunday, 304 Congressmen have yet to have or schedule town meetings. The simple question is - should members of Congress be obligated to garner constituent input on the issue of health care reform?
Bureau of Engraving: http://www.bep.treas.gov/
National Debt Calculator: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
Consumer Price Index: http://www.bls.gov/cpi/
Federal Reserve: http://www.federalreserve.gov/
Inflation Calculator: http://www.westegg.com/inflation/
Congressional Budget Office: http://www.cbo.gov/