Naviance Senior Instructions
1. Login to Naviance at http://connection.naviance.com/lanehs
a. Forgot your username/password?—see your counselor
2. Complete “Common App Account Matching.” (Blue text box) To get there, select “College” tab, then “Colleges I’m Applying To”
a. In order to match your Naviance and Common App accounts, you need to do the following:
Step 1 – Create a Common App account at www.commonapp.org
i. Make sure you enter the email address that you chose for your Common App account.b. Once you match accounts, your FERPA status can no longer be changed and you cannot unmatch your account.
ii. Make sure your last name matches on your Naviance profile and your Common App account.
3. Enter all schools you are applying to in Naviance. Select “Colleges I’m Applying To” under the “College” tab.
iii. Make sure your first name or date of birth matches on your Naviance profile and your Common App account.
a. Include whether you are applying “Early” or “Regular” decision
b. Indicate whether you will be applying by Common App (only applies to Common App schools)
c. An icon will show up next to the school indicating what type of submission they will accept (electronic or paper)4. Make sure all of your Common App schools in Naviance are listed in your Common App account.
5. ** If you update your college list after telling your Counselor and/or Teacher where you are applying, you MUST talk with them about also submitting letters to the schools you have added. Otherwise, the newly added schools may not receive your teacher and/or counselor letter of recommendation.
6. Please email or talk to your counselor if you have any questions about this process!
How to Request Transcripts
For College Applications, Scholarships, Athletics, and NCAA:
1. Complete the “College Application Materials Request Form.” You can obtain a copy in the College & Career Center or CLICK HERE to download.
2. Bring the “College Application Materials Request Form” form to your Counselor who will send your transcript electronically via Naviance.
3. Allow your Counselor at least 2 weeks for completion.
How to Request Teacher Recommendations
1. You need to choose two (2) teachers you would like to get recommendations from, and ask those teachers in person if they are willing to write a recommendation.
2. Then, in Naviance, select “College” tab, then “Colleges I’m Applying To”
3. Toward the bottom of the page you will see a “Teacher Recommendations” section
4. Select “Add/Cancel Request”
5. Select the teacher(s) from whom you would like a recommendation, add a personal note, and then select “Update Requests”
6. Complete your “Senior Info Sheet” and “Resume” on Naviance under the “About Me” tab. (This helps your teacher write your letter of recommendation)
a) Give your teachers a printed copy of your “Senior Info Sheet” and/or “Resume”
7. Complete and Submit the “TeacherRecommendation Request Form” to your teachers.
a) You can obtain a copy in the College & Career Center or CLICK HERE to download
b) Teachers are not required to provide you with a recommendation. Submitting a request through Naviance is not sufficient enough to obtain a recommendation.
c) Allow your teacher at least 2 weeks for completion.
How to Request Counselor Recommendations
1. Complete your “Senior Info Sheet” and “Resume” on Naviance under the “About Me” tab.
2. On the “College Application Materials Request Form,” check off that you need a counselor recommendation and give to your Counselor. You can obtain a copy in the College & Career Center or CLICK HERE to download.
· Allow your Counselor at least 2 weeks for completion.
How to Send ACT Score Reports
How to Request Application Fee Waivers