The purpose of the La Mesa Community Improvement Association is to enhance the area, so that the quality of life in the area shall be in keeping with the social, environmental, and cultural needs and interests of the residents.
- We support our Community Center to give kids a place to go for fun and learning. We see the center as a facility to serve the needs of the people as the community decides. Adult classes and programs are also offered.
- We address zoning issues when the neighborhood faces changes brought by development or new ideas of use.
- We encourage residence to report crimes and property damage and have both Albuquerque Police Department and Fire Station No.5 staff at our meetings to help us find ways to reduce crime in the area and keep the area safe.
- We sponsor semi-monthly clean-ups.
- We encourage our landlords to utilize Crime Free Multi-housing concepts.
- We give the residence support and a voice in dealing with their concerns.
- We rally support and communication for our residence and business with elected officials such as the City Staff, State Representative and Senators, Albuquerque Police and Fire Departments, Crime Free Multi-housing, business groups on plans, proposals and activities affecting this area.