The Borough of Lakehurst Historical Museum is maintained by the Borough of Lakehurst Historical Society, a non-profit, all volunteer group of individuals dedicated to the preservation of the town’s history.

The museum is housed in The Old St. John's Church, the oldest Roman Catholic Church in Ocean County.  Built in 1874 by Irish Railroad workers.  Items from the original church are on display.

The main exhibits include:

  • ·       items from the Navy's rigid airship program, and few items from the Hindenburg disaster
  • ·       an old jail cell
  • ·       fire department memorabilia
  • ·       items from the Pine Tree Inn
  • ·       a 19th century music box
  • ·       original paintings
  • ·       items relating to Lakehurst's past as a winter resort; early industrial community; and as the "Airship Capital of the World".

Special displays change seasonally.  

Accommodations for special tours and small groups are made with prior notice.