Campus universitaire des Cézeaux,
1, rue de la Chebarde,
TSA 60125, CS 60026,
63178 AUBIERE CEDEX,
Phone: (+33/0) 4 73 40 74 41
Fax: (+33/0) 4 73 40 76 39
Mail : laforest AT isima.fr
Activités de vulgarisation (French)
My present research interests are around (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Graph algorithms and theory (mainly: vertex cover, independent dominating set, Steiner tree)
- Discrete optimization
- Approximation algorithms (Worst case analysis and Average case analysis)
- Online algorithms (and adaptative algorithms)
- Random algorithms
- Multicriteria optimization/approximation
- Distributed algorithms
I often use Maple to test my algorithms on graphs and to make calculations.
Past (or secondary) interests/projects:
- Scheduling algorithms, Networks algorithms (among them optical networks)
- Past projects (I mention my specific contributions in each project):
- Multipoints (QoS in networks, funded by CNRS): Works on bi-criteria Steiner trees (weight and induced distances)
- AcTAM (QoS and pricing, funded by CNRS): Works on multi-criteria scheduling and shared costs in broadcast trees.
- ROM and ROM-EO (optical networks and QoS; 2 projects funded by RNRT, with industrial partners as Alcatel and France Télécom): Conception and study of Optical routing via Eulerian cycles in directed graphs.
- ALGOL (optimization of algorithms to capture spacial pictures in satellites, funded by ACI masse de données): Algorithms and approximation results on the quality of the capture.
- Project TODO (funded by the French ANR): Time versus Optimization in Discrete Optimization.
- Project SHAMAN (funded by the French ANR) : Self-organizing and Healing Architectures for Malicious and Adversarial Network
See this page (not always up to date).
PhD students (past and present):
Alexis Irlande (1998->2002, with Jean-Claude Konig 50%) [Assistant professor in Colombia]
Fabien Baille (2002 ->2005, with Evripidis Bampis 50%)
Nicolas Thibault (2003->2006, 100%) [Assistant professor at Université Panthéon-Assas, Paris, since 2009]
François Delbot (2006->2009, 100%) [Assistant professor since 2011]
Raksmey Phan (2010-> 2013..., 100%, now "ingénieur de recherches")
Benjamin Momège (2011->...,2015) 50% with M. Kanté, regional funding from Auvergne and CNRS (now post doc))
Alexis Cornet (2015->... 100%).