The Lafayette Paddle Club (LPC) is Acadiana's club for paddling enthusiasts. We paddle the bayous, lakes, and bays of Louisiana and neighboring states. We also work with state and local organizations to help maintain and promote recreational paddling opportunities. Our recurring goal is to bring together canoeists and kayakers on field trips to share the joy of paddling, and allow for a safer experience.
Annual membership dues are $15(individual) and $20(family). It includes a 10% discount on paddling gear at Pack and Paddle. You can mail a check to the address on the membership form.
Club meetings are the 2nd Tue of each month at Pack and Paddle @ 6PM where we plan trips, have presentations, and discuss club business.
Join the Lafayette Paddle Club and enjoy the beauty of our areas waterways as you travel with other nature lovers to paddling destinations near and far!
Lafayette Paddle Club
2014 Spring Events
- Mar 1-3 Saline Bayou Natl Scenic Waterway paddling & camping, Goldonna, LA
- Sat Mar 8 BHPC Blind River paddle trip-Laplace,LA
- Tue Mar 11 LPC monthly club meeting
- Mar 14-16 LHC CampFest 2014, Chicot State Park
- Sat Mar 22 Bayou Courtableau paddle trip near Washington, LA
- Mar 22-23 Atchafalaya River overnite paddle trip
- Mar 22-23 BHPC Toro Bayou & Quiska Chitto
- Sat Mar 29 Battle on the Bayou, 9.5 mile paddle race, Ocean Springs, MS -- Old Fort Bayou
- Apr 3-6 Paddle Bayou Lafourche
- Sat Apr 5 Top of the Teche paddle race
- Sat Apr 5 Bogue Falaya River Sweep & Paddle Races - Covington, LA
- Apr 7-9 paddle trips w/ Donovan- Jeanerette, LA
- Tue Apr 8 LPC monthly club meeting
- Sat Apr 12 Bluz Cruz 22 mi race on Mississippi
- Apr 11-13 Black Bear Festival paddle trips
- Apr 23-26 BHPC Spring Fling in NW Florida
- Apr 26-27 Festival weekend paddle trips on Lake Martin, Bayou Teche, and Vermilion for Intl Fest, Etouffee Fest, & Cracklin Cook-off
- Lafayette Paddle Club Sponsored Events
- Pelican Paddler Trips-- requires ACA insurance
- For more trips and details on the above trips go to the Calendar of Events page.
- If the trip involves camping in an improved camping facility. Please go to the Reserve America link below to reserve your campsite.
Want a club logo sticker?
Contact Lou at the link below.