- The first class is on January 4, 2008.
- Assignment 1 has been posted and is due on January 23, 2008.
- Assignment 2 has been posted ans is due on February 6, 2008.
- Assignment 3 has been posted and is due on February 22, 2008.
- I 'll hold extra office hours on Wednesday 9:30 - 10:30 and Friday 1:45 - 2:45.
- Assignment 4 has been posted and is due on March 26, 2008.
- Assignment 5 has been posted and is due on April 7, 2008.
- I 'll hold extra office hours tomorrow (Thursday, April 3) from 9 - 12 to address any questions about the midterm exam. Feel free to drop by to discuss your midterm in detail.
- Final exam has been scheduled for April 22, 2008 at 9 am
- I 'll have my Office hours from 3 - 4 today (April 8) instead of the morning session.
- The TAs are on Strike now and as a result their office hours and tutorials come to a halt. At this time your questions should be directed at the instructors or our sole remaining course assistant: Vinod Sridharan. He will hold one last tutorial session this Friday (April 11) from 2:30 - 4:30 in ENGTR 3070. We will have the following office hours and you're of course welcome to email us for further appointments:
- Ladan Mahabadi (section 3): Tue/Thur 9 - 10
- Mathieu Petitpas (section 2): Tue/Thur 12 - 1
- Jörg Kienzle (section 1): Wed 2:15 - 3:15
- Vinod Sridharan (course assistant): Tue 12:30 - 1:30
To learn more about the current TA strike, please visit AGSEM..
Section 3's Friday class is canceled. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
An outline of the course can be found here.
"Java Software Solutions: Foundations of Program Design" 5th edition by Lewis and Loftis. Addison-Wesley, 2006.
- Ladan Mahabadi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Office: McConnell 104S
- Office Hour: Tue 9 - 10, Thu 9:00 - 10:00 (or by appointment)
- Time: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays 12:35-1:25
- Location: BURN 1B36
January 4: Placement Quiz
January 7: Lecture 2
March 20: Lecture 30
March 26: Lecture 31
April 6: Review
- Assignment 1: Assignment 1 (Due on Jan 23, 2008)
- Assignment 2 Assignment 2 (Due on Feb 6, 2008)
- Assignment 3 Assignment 3 (Due February 20, 2008)
- Assignment 4 Assignment 4 (Due on March 23, 2008), The 2 strings in question
- Assignment 5 Assignment 5 (Due on April 11, 2008)
- A brief guide to help you get started
- JDK 5.0 Documentation
- Sun Java Tutorial
- A quick list of (initial) common problems and their solutions
- A very nice alternative review of the concepts we've covered in class can be found here.
- Midterm: March 7, 2008
- Final Exam: TBA