I am a PhD student in MLD within school of computer science at CMU working under Prof. Eric Xing.
My research interests include statistical machine learning, non-parametric Bayesian methods, information retrieval and clustering. I have recently worked on transferring supervision in finite and infinite mixture models (Dirichlet Process) and information retrieval.
I have worked as a researcher for 2 years at IBM Research India from 2009 - 2011. I received my Master of Technology degree in Computer Science from IIT Bombay in 2009. I did my Master's thesis in Information Retrieval under the guidance of Prof. Soumen Chakrabarti.
- Spatial Compactness meets Topical Consistency: Jointly modeling Links and Content for Community Detection - M. Sachan, A. Dubey, S. Srivastava, E. P. Xing and E. Hovy, International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM) 2014. (pdf)
- Parallel Markov Chain Monte Carlo for Nonparametric Mixture Models - S. Williamson, A. Dubey and E. P. Xing. The 30th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) 2013 [preprint]
- A Non-parametric Mixture Model for Topic Modeling Over Time - Avinava Dubey, Ahmed Hefny, Sinead Williamson, Eric P. Xing, Proceedings of The Thirteenth SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM) 2013. (previous version pdf)
- AUSUM: approach for unsupervised bug report summarization, Senthil Mani, Rose Catherine, Vibha Singhal Sinha, Avinava Dubey, ACM 20th International Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (SIGSOFT) 2012. (pdf)
- Learning Dirichlet Processes from Partially Observed Groups, Avinava Dubey, Indrajit Bhattacharya, Mrinal Das, Tanveer Faruquie, and Chiranjib Bhattacharyya, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), Vancouver, Canada, 2011. (pdf)
- Diversity in Ranking via Resistive Graph Centers, Avinava Dubey, Soumen Chakrabarti and Chiranjib Bhattacharyya, 17th ACM Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (SIGKDD), San Diego, CA, USA, 2011. (pdf)
- A Cluster-Level
Semi-Supervision Model for Interactive Clustering, Avinava Dubey, Indrajit
Bhattacharya, Shantanu Godbole, The European Conference on Machine
Learning (ECML) and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in
Databases (PKDD), Barcelona, Spain, September 2010. (pdf)
- Conditional Models for Non-smooth Ranking Loss Functions, Avinava Dubey, Jinesh Machchhar, Chiranjib Bhattacharyya and Soumen Chakrabarti, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), Miami, Florida, USA, December 2009. (pdf)
- Efficient and
Accurate Local Learning for Ranking, Somnath Banerjee, Avinava Dubey, Jinesh
Machchhar, Soumen Chakrabarti, 32nd Annual ACM SIGIR Conference workshop on Learning to Rank for
Information Retrieval , Boston, USA, July 2009. (pdf)
- Systems and Methods for Interactive Clustering, Avinava Dubey, Indrajit Bhattacharya, Shantanu Godbole.