Associate Professor of Economics
Department of Finance and Economics
Adelphi University, NY, U.S.A.
sryoo [at] adelphi.edu
Profile at Adelphi, IDEAS.
Education Ph.D.(2009) in Economics, University of Massachusetts Amherst; MA and BA in Economics, Korea University
Research Interest Growth and Distribution; Public Debt; Financial Instability.
- Ryoo, S. Household Debt and Housing Bubbles: A Minskian Approach to Boom-Bust Cycles. Forthcoming in Journal of Evolutionary Economics. WP version.
- Skott, P. and Ryoo, S. Functional Finance and Intergenerational Distribution in a Keynesian OLG model. Forthcoming in Review of Keynesian Economics. WP.
- Ryoo, S. and Skott, P. Fiscal and Monetary Policy Rules in an Unstable Economy. Forthcoming in Metroeconomica. WP
- Ryoo, S. (2016). Inequality of Income and Wealth in the Long Run: a Kaldorian Perspective. Metroeconomica 67(2), 429-457. Preprint
- Ryoo, S. (2016). Demand-Driven Inequality, Endogenous Saving Rate, and Macroeconomic Instability. Cambridge Journal of Economics 40 (1), 201-225. Preprint
- Skott, P. and Ryoo, S. (2014). Public Debt in an OLG Model with Imperfect Competition: Long-Run Effects of Austerity Programs and Changes in the Growth Rate, The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics 14(1), Contributions, 533-552. WP.
- Ryoo, S. and Kim, Y. K. (2014). Income Distribution, Consumer Debt and Keeping Up with the Joneses. Metroeconomica 65(4), 585-618. WP
- Ryoo, S. (2013). Bank Profitability, Leverage and Financial Instability. Cambridge Journal of Economics 37(5), 1127-1160. Preprint
- Ryoo, S. and Skott, P. (2013), Public Debt and Full Employment in a Stock-Flow Consistent Model of a Corporate Economy. Journal of Post Keynesian Economics 35(4), 511-527. WP
- Ryoo, S. (2013). Minsky Cycles in Keynesian Models of Growth and Distribution. Review of Keynesian Economics 1(1), 37-60. Preprint
- Ryoo, S. (2013). The Paradox of Debt and Minsky’s Financial Instability Hypothesis. Metroeconomica 64(1), 1-24. Preprint
- Ryoo, S. (2011). Banks with Market Power, Sectoral Structure and the Big Push. Journal of Economics 103(1), 1-38. Preprint
- Ryoo, S. (2010). Long Waves and Short Cycles in a Model of Endogenous Financial Fragility. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 74(3), 163-186. WP
- Ryoo, S. and Skott, P. (2008). Financialization in Kaleckian Economies With and Without Labor Constraints, European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies. Intervention 5(2), 357-386. WP
- Skott, P. and Ryoo, S. (2008). Macroeconomic Implications of Financialisation. Cambridge Journal of Economics 32(6), 827-862. WP
- Top Income and Wealth Shares and Wealth-Income Ratios in a Cambridge Two-Class Economy. R&R. Cambridge Journal of Economics
- The Banking Sector and Income Distribution. In progress.
- Autonomous Demand and Harrodian Instability. In progress.