- 2009 – Present. Assistant Professor of Economics, Adelphi University
- 2005 – 2009. Instructor, Department of Economics / Continuing Education, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Research Interest: Macroeconomic Dynamics, Growth and Distribution, Uneven Development
- Ryoo, S. (2013). Bank Profitability, Leverage and Financial Instability. Cambridge Journal of Economics 37(5), 1127-1160. Preprint
- Ryoo, S. and Skott, P. (2013), Public Debt and Full Employment in a Stock-Flow Consistent Model of a Corporate Economy. Journal of Post Keynesian Economics 35(4), 511-527. WP version
- Ryoo, S. (2013). Minsky Cycles in Keynesian Models of Growth and Distribution. Review of Keynesian Economics 1(1), 37-60. Preprint
- Ryoo, S. (2013). The Paradox of Debt and Minsky’s Financial Instability Hypothesis. Metroeconomica 64(1), 1-24. Preprint
- Ryoo, S. (2011). Banks with Market Power, Sectoral Structure and the Big Push. Journal of Economics 103(1), 1-38. Preprint
- Ryoo, S. (2010). Long Waves and Short Cycles in a Model of Endogenous Financial Fragility. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 74(3), 163-186. WP version
- Skott, P. and Ryoo, S. (2008). Macroeconomic Implications of Financialisation. Cambridge Journal of Economics 32(6), 827-862. WP version
- Ryoo, S. and Skott, P. (2008). Financialization in Kaleckian Economies With and Without Labor Constraints, Intervention. European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies 5(2), 357-386. WP version
- Skott, P. and Ryoo, S. Public Debt in an OLG Model with Imperfect Competition: Long-Run Effects of Austerity Programs and Changes in the Growth Rate, Working Paper 2013-10, Department of Economics, University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Ryoo, S. Demand-Driven Inequality, Endogenous Saving Rate, and Macroeconomic Instability.
- Skott, P. and Ryoo, S. Functional finance and intergenerational distribution in a Keynesian OLG model.
- Ryoo, S. and Kim, Y. K. Income Distribution, Consumer Debt and Keeping Up with the Joneses, Working Paper 1302, Department of Economics, Trinity College.
- Ryoo, S. Household Debt and Housing Bubble