Check this link out in our education section.... definitely worth a watch !!!
(What its like to be an MLS referee)
This year, KSRA will be hosting one entry level clinic (for those who are 14 years or older) and one small-sided clinic (open to those who are at least 12 years old). The dates and locations are still being determined, so check back regularly for updates! Registration will be on a first come - first serve basis, completed at http://www.refcentre.com/bc/ (find clinics in Kamloops by selecting "KSRA" when searching by a club/district). Hopefully by the end of January the clinics will be booked and registration will be open!
The MONTHLY Meeting of the KSRA will be held this coming Tuesday April 5th 8:30pm at the KYSA Building.
We will start the meeting with EDUCATION ...as we will do with all monthly meetings.
Topics for this month
1. HANDLING DISSENT
2. Hand Ball
We will discuss the upcoming season and how to get yourself up and running on Scheduler.
See you all there !
Here's a recent posting on PROREFEREES.COM which focuses on a 5 minute span in a recent MLS game. In this short time the Assistant Referee is called upon several times to make complex and courageous decisions. This is great stuff, and all of it can just as easily happen at any of the levels in which we have ARs assigned.
Please watch here.....
Check out a couple new pages on our website.
The RefTools page will provide a place where you can download Referee book pages, PreGame review, and links to some favourite vendors of referee clothing, whistles, flags, and other essential equipment
The EVENTS page is essentially the Agenda view of our calendar..which simply lists the big upcoming events in our local soccer community.
See the posting of the KSRA Executive Meeting of this past Jan 25th.
EXECUTIVE MEETING - Monday January 25th 8pm
1. Refreshers/Small-Sided/Entry Level Courses
March 11, 12, 13 - Entry Level <Shannon>
March 13 - Refresher <Shannon>
April 9 - Small Sided <Mario>
April 10 - 2 Refreshers <Shannon>
May 19 Refresher <Shannon>
2. KYSA Meeting Feedback (Meeting of Jan 17)
3. Update on League Executives / Contacts
4. Resources for the upcoming season
- who is returning ?
- we need to know if returnees are wanting to do more or less or the same number of games as last year
- with this we can project the number of new referees and ARs we will need for this season
5. Secretarial Duties
- communications sharing with Allocator (Fahrudin) ...process for filling late withdraws and notifications of cancelling
- potential use of TEXTING
6. Education Sessions
- topics of interest
7. League points of EMPHASIS for 2016
9. Scheduler access
10. Events of the 2016 Season
11. contact lists (refs both small-sided and big-boys)
12. rates for leagues/levels
KSRA is holding 2 referee clinics this spring.
Small Sided Clinic - April 9, 9am-2pm, KYSA Office McArthur Island
This clinic covers the basics of refereeing. Upon successful completion of this clinic, you will be certified to officiate small-sided matches (u8-u12).
Pre-requisite: Minimum 12 years oldClinic Fee: $40.00 (plus $4.25 user fee / system processing fee)
Register here: http://www.refcentre.com/bc/ Search by Club/District, select KSRA, then follow the instructions.
Entry Level Clinic - March 11 6pm-9pm, 12 9am-4pm, and 13 9am-2pm (must attend all three days), KYSA Office McArthur Island
This clinic is suited for those who want to referee or assistant referee youth or higher. All current small-sided officials who are 14 years old are encouraged to attend.
Pre-requisite: Minimum 14 years old
Clinic Fee: $125 (plus $4.25 user fee / system processing fee)
Information on refreshers for existing referees will be coming soon!
The Annual General Meeting is being planned for the end of November.
We are currently finalizing location and other details.
As soon as I have the details I will pass it along.
All KSRA members are encouraged to attend.
It's a great opportunity to see your fellow officials.
It is also the time to elect the KSRA executive.
All members 19 years + are encouraged to put their name forward.
The executive positions are 1 year terms and the following are in place:
Small Side Allocator
If you wish to stand for nomination you can:
* tell a current exec member to put your name forward
* be nominated at the meeting
On a personal note, I will not be running for Secretary this term. After 6 years it is time to pass the baton on.
I will have more information on the AGM, stay tuned!
See below for important TOYSL information.
1) There is a slightly revised TOYSL game sheet we are using this year.
The main change is the addition of a discipline key. Also, the referee’s e-mail is requested instead of the phone number. (In case there are questions regarding the game.) There is also an error on the game sheet. Please do not use the e-mail at the top of the sheet. Submit instead to www.toysl.net. (Located under quick links on the right hand side of site.) District admin and managers have been asked to cross it out and place the correct website on the game sheets but a couple will be sure to be missed.
2) Submit an incident report within 24 hours if a card is given out during the game. It is quite important. TOYSL issues a discipline report to all districts on Tuesday following game weekends. Districts need to deal with discipline issues before a player’s next game. (We always have an accumulation of yellow cards for some players during the season that result in sitting out a game or on occasion a hearing and further suspension.)
3) Do NOT submit game scores for U11/U12 development games. Stats are not kept in that age group.