Grassland Ecology in Kansas
Range School Topics:
- Plant identification and grassland ecology
- Kansas Rangelands: Being Prepared, using adaptive management to be ready for whatever comes your way!
- Interactive Ecology...Know your plants
- Reclaim the Range: Tools and Strategies
- The Range Roadmaps: Getting Directions
- Landscape Art and Economics
- Planning the Future-Understanding the Past
- Rangelands Resources: Can you see harmony?
- Management Decisions: Beyond Educated Guesses
- Planning with Purpose: Putting it all Together
- Range Developments: Location, Location, Location!
- Managing rangelands for wildlife
- Managing rangelands for livestock types
- Forage and animal balance
- Sampling, measuring, and monitoring...evaluate what you have, decide what you want, check to see if you are making progress.
- Learn with your neighbors! Receive expert instruction from ranchers as well as agency and university staffs!
Presentations at the Range Schools in past years:
Tuition, room and board is $350 per person. Additional people from the same ranch or outfit will be charged $300 per person.
Scholarships of $175 are available for most ranchers and eligible college students. Apply for a scholarship by clicking a linked form on this page, OR call (785) 452-0780. Scholarship forms must be received by the KGLC Coordinator no later than two weeks prior to the class beginning.
Both schools provide air-conditioned sleeping rooms with double occupancy. (Note: You do need to bring along your own bedding, towel and wash cloth.)
Meals are provided including a Wednesday evening steak fry (2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 suppers).
at both sites are comfortable with easy access to range sites and learning areas.