2013 Principles of Rangeland Management School
Grassland Ecology in Kansas
Range School Topics:
- Plant identification and grassland ecology
- Kansas Rangelands: Landscape Legacy
- Interactive Ecology...Know your plants
- Reclaim the Range: Tools and Strategies
- The Range Roadmaps: Getting Directions
- Landscape Art and Economics
- Planning the Future-Understanding the Past
- Rangelands Resources: Can you see harmony?
- Management Decisions: Beyond Educated Guesses
- Planning with Purpose: Putting it all Together
- Range Developments: Location, Location, Location!
- Managing rangelands for wildlife
- Managing rangelands for livestock types
- Forage and animal balance
- Sampling, measuring, and monitoring...evaluate what you have, decide what you want, check to see if you are making progress.
- Learn with you neighbors! Receive expert instruction from ranchers as well as agency and university staffs!
Presentations at the 2012 Range Schools:
Tuition, room and board is $300 per person. Additional people from the same ranch or outfit will be charged $250 per person.
Scholarships of $150 are available for most ranchers. Apply for a scholarship by clicking a linked form on this page, OR call (620) 241-3636. Scholarship forms must be received by the KGLC Coordinator at a date determined later.
Both schools provide air-conditioned sleeping rooms with double occupancy. (Note: You do need to bring along your own bedding, towel and wash clothe.)
Meals are provided including a Wednesday evening steak fry (2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 suppers).
at both sites are comfortable with easy access to range sites and learning areas.