Research Interests: Image Processing, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Pattern Recognition
- Google, Sep 12 2005 - present
Uber Technology Leader & Staff Software Engineer - leading image processing, computer vision related projects. In particular,
- Adobe Systems, San Jose, CA, Feb 1996 - Sep 12 2005
Senior Computer Scientist, ATG (Advanced Technology Group), Acrobat Engineering, PostScript Advanced Development.
- Keane Inc, Boca Raton, FL, Dec 1993 - Feb 1996
Senior Consultant (attached to IBM); worked on OS2 Graphics Engine & Presentation Manager
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, Aug 1993 - Dec 1993
Instructor, Dept. of Computer Science (taught Intro to Numerical Analysis, Intro to Data Structures & Algorithms)
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, Aug 1989 - Aug 1993
Research Assistant, Center for Robotics, University of Kentucky (NASA research projects)
- PhD, Computer Science University of Kentucky at Lexington, Lexington, KY, USA
- Dissertation: "Motion Estimation from a sequence of Intensity or Range Images".
List of Selected Patents and Publications
- "Auto rectification for Google+ images", GP-19351-00-US, Google Patent Application, Krishnendu Chaudhury, Stephen Diverdi
- "Automatic Skin Softening Techniques in Photos", GP-18601-00-US, Google Patent Application, Grayson Lang, Krishnendu Chaudhury
- "Liveness Detection in Face Recognition based Authentication Systems", Krishnendu Chaudhury, Avani Devarasetty, GP-15898-00-US, Google Patent Application.
- “Approach for automatic extraction of character-level groundtruth from images”, Alessandro Bissacco, Krishnendu Chaudhury, Google patent application, GP-4196-00-US 2525.5680000.
- "Segmenting Printed Media Pages into Articles", Krishnendu Chaudhury, A. Jain & S. Thirthala, Google
- "Identifying a Front Page in Media Material", Krishnendu Chaudhury et al, U.S Patent 8218913, Google
- "Method and Apparatus for Enhancing Object Boundary Precision in Images", Krishnendu Chaudhury, Ashutosh Kulshreshtha, U.S patent 07813582, Google.
- “Digital Image Archiving in Mobile Device System”, Krishnendu Chaudhury, Ashutosh Garg, Arvind Saraf, Prasenjit Phukan, U.S Patent 7986843, Google.
- “A Cubic B Spline Intensity Re-sampling Based Method for Automatic Image Feature Embedding”, Krish Chaudhury, Dejan Markovic, U.S. Patent 7734118, Adobe Systems.
- “Scaling of Raster Images without Edge Blurring”, Krish Chaudhury, Dejan Markovic, U.S. Patent 7817871, Adobe Systems.
- "Author Signature for Legal Purposes", Jim Pravetz, Krish Chaudhury, Sunil Agrawal, U.S. Patent 7774608, Adobe Systems).
- "Document Modification Detection and Prevention", Krish Chaudhury, Jim Pravetz, Sunil Agrawal, U.S. Patent 7735144, Adobe Systems.
- "Document Digest Allowing Selective Changes to a PDF Document", Krish Chaudhury, Jim Pravetz, International Patent, Adobe Systems, PCT/US2004/015116).
- "Dynamic Enabling of Functionality in Electronic Document Readers", Krish Chaudhury, Jim Pravetz, U.S. Patent 7278168, Adobe Systems.
- "Detecting 3D Motion Field from Range Image Sequence", Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, Cid Srinivasan, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics journal, vol. 29, No. 2, April 1999 (Detecting3DMotionFieldFromRangeImageSequence.pdf).
- "A Trajectory based Computational Model for Optical Flow Computation", Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation journal, pp. 733-741, vol. 11, No. 5, Oct 1995 (TrajectoryBasedOpticalFlow_ChaudhuryMehrotra.pdf).
- "Optical Flow Estimation using Smoothness of Intensity Trajectories", Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, CVGIP: Image Understanding journal, pp. 230-244, vol. 60, No. 2, September, 1994.
- "Detecting 3D Flow", Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, International Conference on Robotics and Automation, San Diego, California, May 8-13, 1994.
- Optical Flow from an Extended Frame Sequence, Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Atlanta, Georgia, May 2-7, 1993.
- A Parallel Algorithm for 3D Point Pattern Matching, Krishnendu Chaudhury, R. Mehrotra, IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Charlottesville, Virginia, Oct. 13-16 1991.
- Loss and Gain of Optical Couplers with Collision Detection for CSMA/CD based LANs, A. Das, Krishnendu Chaudhury, IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems, ICCS-89, Singapore, Oct. 12-16, 1989
- Playing with my daughter, sitting in the kitchen with the whole family