For a full list of publications, see PubMed.
- Hawley CA, Watson CA, Orth K, Krachler AM. A MAM7 peptide-based inhibitor of Staphylococcus aureus adhesion does not interfere with in vitro host cell function. 2013. PLoS One. In press.
- Altura MA, Heath-Heckman EAC, Gillette A, Kremer N, Krachler AM,
Brennan C, Ruby EG, Orth K, McFall-Ngai MJ. The first engagement of
partners in the Euprymna scolopes-Vibrio fischeri symbiosis is a
two-step process initiated by a few environmental symbiont cells. 2013. Env Microbiol. doi: 10.1111/1462-2920.12179.
- Krachler AM and Orth K. Made to Stick: Anti-Adhesion Therapy for Bacterial Infections. 2013. Microbe. In press.
- Krachler AM and Orth K. Targeting the bacteria-host interface: Strategies in anti-adhesion therapy. 2013. Virulence. 4(4):284-94.
- Krachler AM, Mende K, Murray C, Orth K. In vitro characterization of Multivalent Adhesion Molecule 7-based inhibition of multidrug-resistant bacteria isolated from wounded military personnel. 2012. Virulence. 3(4): 389-99.
- Zhang L, Krachler AM, Broberg CA, Li Y, Mirzael H, Gilpin CJ, Orth K. Type III effector VopC mediates invasion for Vibrio species. 2012. Cell Reps. 1(5):453-60.
- Krachler AM, Ham H, Orth K. Turnabout is fair play: Use of the bacterial Multivalent Adhesion Molecule 7 as an antimicrobial agent. 2012. Virulence. 3(1): 68-71.
- Krachler AM, Woolery AR, Orth K. Manipulation of kinase signaling by bacterial pathogens. 2011. J Cell Biol. 195(7): 1083-92.
- Krachler AM, Orth K. Functional characterization of the interaction between bacterial adhesin multivalent adhesion molecule 9 (MAM7) protein and its host cell ligands. 2011. J Biol Chem. 286(45): 38939-47.
- Krachler AM, Ham H, Orth K. Outer membrane adhesion factor multivalent adhesion molecule 7 initiates host cell binding during infection by gram-negative pathogens. 2011. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 108(28): 11614-9. See press releases highlighting our article published in Nature and Nature Rev Microbiol. This article has also been recommended by F1000.
- Orth K, Ham H, Krachler AM. Modulating bacterial MAM polypeptides in pathogenic disease. United States Letters Patent UTSD.P2412US.P1.
- Krachler AM and Orth K. Black Spot, Black Death, Black Pearl: Tales of Bacterial Effectors. Book Chapter in Avancees et nouvelles technologies en Toxinologie - Advances and new technologies in Toxinology (SFET, ed.). ISSN 1760-6004.
- Krachler AM, Sharma A, Cauldwell A, Papadakos G, Kleanthous C. TolA modulates the oligomeric status of YbgF in the bacterial periplasm. 2010. J Mol Biol. 403(2): 270-85.
- Krachler AM, Sharma A, Kleanthous C. Self-association of TPR domains: Lessons learned from a designed, consensus-based TPR oligomer. 2010. Proteins. 78(9): 2131-43.
2009 and earlier
- Bonsor DA, Hecht O, Vankemmelbeke M, Sharma A, Krachler AM, Housden NG, Killy KJ, James R, Moore GR, Kleanthous C. Allosteric beta-propeller signalling in TolB and its manipulation by translocating colicins. 2009. EMBO J. 28(18): 2846-57.
- Vargha R, Endemann M, Kratochwill K, Riesenhuber A, Wick N, Krachler AM, Malaga-Dieguez L, Aufricht C. Ex vivo reversal of in vivo transdifferentiation in mesothelial cells grown from peritoneal dialysate effluents. 2006. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 21(10): 2943-7.