- A microcomputer that is portable and suitable for use while traveling
- Jesse Hartman is a musician, filmmaker and actor, living in New York's East Village.
- a portable computer small enough to use in your lap
- A laptop is a personal computer designed for mobile use that is small and light enough for a person to rest on their lap.
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- the act of putting something in working order again
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- Steven (Paul) (1955–), US computer entrepreneur. He set up the Apple computer company in 1976 with Steve Wozniak and served as chairman until 1985, returning in 1997 as CEO. He is also the former CEO of the Pixar animation studio
- (job) occupation: the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money; "he's not in my line of business"
- (job) profit privately from public office and official business
- (job) a specific piece of work required to be done as a duty or for a specific fee; "estimates of the city's loss on that job ranged as high as a million dollars"; "the job of repairing the engine took several hours"; "the endless task of classifying the samples"; "the farmer's morning chores"
Gymnastics display #3
Lower Broadway, Aug 2008 - 49
This little kid did a handstand, which is something I certainly can't do in my current condition ... but it didn't seem like he was going to do anything more exotic than that. Perhaps he did; I got bored after a few seconds, and moved on...
On a bright, sunny Wednesday afternoon, I ventured down to 23rd Street and 6th Avenue to drop off my laptop computer for a repair job. Afterwards, I thought I would walk over to Broadway and stroll up the street to see if I could find some interesting pictures; and then I got the crazy idea to take a cab down to the very end of Broadway -- near the Staten Island Ferry -- and walk all the way up Broadway to my neighborhood on 96th Street.
But then I decided that Broadway probably wouldn't be very interesting until I reached Canal Street ... so I had the cab-driver drop me off there, and began my walk northward. Who knows how far I would have gotten if I hadn't been distracted by a lively farmer's market in Union Square -- on 14th Street? Anyway, there's much more of Broadway to cover, and if I have the time and energy over the next few months, perhaps I will cover the entire length of this longest street in New York City, which extends all the way through Manhattan, Bronx, and into Yonkers...
Couple in auto repair shop standing with mechanic
Young couple in auto repair shop standing with mechanic looking at laptop