- To help setup the dojo all students need to be at the room ready to start Aikido 10 minutes before scheduled
- Aikido relies on partner practice in order to facilitate learning.
- If there are less than 4 students before class, practice maybe cancelled.
- If you know you are going to be late or
not going to be at Aikido for any reason email the Sensei’s or tell them
at the next class. If you need the Sensei’s email
address or phone number ask them for it or contact Chaky to get it.
- If you do not plan on
coming back to class for the rest of the semester, please email or tell a
Sensei you are not going to practice Aikido.
- For weekend and open mat times the Sensei or senior student
planning to teach needs to know by end of class on Thursday’s how many students
plan to attend.
- Keep fingernails and toenails cut short.
- Wear a clean Gi for every Aikido class.
wearing anything that can scrape, wound your practice partner, or be
ripped off during practice. Remove all watches, rings, necklaces,
piercing studs, etc. before starting class or cover them with medical
tape if they can't be removed.
- All decisions on class cancellation, students coming in late
participating in Aikido class, etc will be the decision of the Sensei or senior
student teaching class.
- If you come in late quietly sit at the edge of the mat until
a Sensei acknowledges you to come onto the mat.
- If you need to leave the mat for any reason let a Sensei
- If you get hurt during Aikido class let a Sensei know.