INVOLVING MY CHURCH IN DISASTER RELIEF
What is a Disaster Ready Church?
The mission of a Southern Baptist Disaster Ready Church is to be prepared in the event of a disaster, connect with resources and potential disaster response partners, and respond when disaster strikes.
- Develop a Church Preparedness Plan
- Help your church families develop a Family Preparedness Plan
- Prepare Emergency Survival Kits
- Take church members to your local KS/NE Disaster Relief training
- Investigate ways your church can be a shelter, point of distribution, or volunteer coordination center
- Host disaster relief training for International Disaster Response
- Contact your local Kansas/Nebraska Disaster Relief Director _ Larry Thomas
- Local government officials, Emergency Management and Law Enforcement control access to damaged areas
- American Red Cross Chapter leaders coordinate services for disaster survivors
- Businesses and non-profits and other churches are key allies in meeting needs following a disaster
- In your local community
- To other communities affected by disaster
- To other countries after disaster strikes
Disasters can strike anywhere. This is why every church should be a Disaster Ready Church. Register now to find out more about getting your church involved in becoming a Disaster Ready Church and prepare to mobilize for Disaster Relief.