The underline towns are links to photos.
Guthrie-This town began as the state capital then people from Oklahoma City stole the seal and Oklahoma City became the capital
Lexington-This town was the second largest town in 1894. It had 14 saloons to 180 residents.
Linden-was Norman in the early years. Then it got its own name. Its post office was started in 1893 and continued until 1906.
Newalla-formerly Halifax, became the Post Office for Linden when Linden closed in 1906
Norman-Founded in 1889, this town area covered a very large area including Linden, then it was divided.
Oklahoma City-First called Oklahoma Depot. This town became the state capital after a group of men stole the seal.
Pink-This town is now a ghost town along Highway 9.
Shawnee-White settlement began in earnest with the land run on September 22, 1891. The run was organized after all the tribes, except the Kickapoo that had settled in the area, agreed to land allotment. The run for land in County B (Pottawatomie County) occurred at the same time as the run in County A (Lincoln County) to the north. The run for Tecumseh, the designated county seat of Pottawatomie County, was held a day later, because the site had not yet been platted. Supposedly, only one fatality occurred during the run: a man was trampled to death as he dismounted to stake his claim. A band of entrepreneurs, including Alfred B. Beard, Henry G. Beard, John W. Beard, James T. Farrall, and Etta B. Ray (who married Henry Beard), staked claims on land that became Shawnee. When the Kickapoo gave up their land rights in 1895, the northwestern portion of the county was added in the last land run in Oklahoma. In 1892 voters overwhelmingly adopted Pottawatomie as the county name in honor of the Potawatomi.-digital library OSU.edu
Tecumseh-was originally the county seat of Pottawatomie County but because of the railroad Shawnee claimed that title.
The people of this area are from nearly every state: