Henry Plott Brendle witnessed on the Land Patent Application for Luther Flint's wife's family. He was evidently the friend of William Henry Harrison Young. Henry married Sarah "Sally" A. Davis in North Carolina and came to Oklahoma about 1893. He settled in an area of Mardock (Section 25-9-1E). This area was later known as Brendle Corner. It contained Brendle School that was on land that is located at Robinson and Harrah Newalla Road. Henry and most of his family are buried at the IOOF in Norman. One person is at Brown Cemetery in Pottawatomie County and the Humphreys are on their land.