- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1.5 tsp. yeast
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 cups flour
- Stir together water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast over top. Let proof for 10 min.
- Stir in oil, salt, vinegar and 2 cups flour until well incorporated.
- Add additional flour and knead until pliable and barely sticky.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Once doubled. Punch down and divide into two portions.
- Roll and stretch each piece of dough to cover a large un-greased baking sheet. Cover with pizza sauce and toppings of choice.
- Bake at 500ºF for 10-12 min. until browned and bubbly.
1 pizza serves: 4
* You can either bake this on a large cookie sheet or an 12x15 inch jelly roll pan.
* If you are only making one pizza now you can freeze the other dough for later use. Grease the inside of a ziploc bag with cooking spray, drop the dough ball in and seal. To use later: take the dough out in the morning or at lunch time and allow to thaw at room temperature (it needs approximately 5-6 hours). Remove from bag and proceed as usual.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can diced italian seasoned tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- Cook onions in oil until soft. Add garlic and allow to cook until softened. Do not brown. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 min.
Makes enough sauce for 2 pizza's
* For a smooth sauce, puree once cooked.