- 1 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 4.5 tsp. water
- 1 lb. chicken into bite size pieces
- canola oil, for deep-frying
- Preheat oil in dutch oven or deep-fryer on medium heat or to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Stir together flour, cornstarch and salt. Make a well in the centre. Crack eggs into the well. Add water. Whisk to first combine water and eggs, then stir together all ingredients until smooth.
- Add chicken. Stir to coat.
- With a fork, drop chicken one piece at a time into hot oil. Cook in batches, making sure to not over-crowd the pan, until light golden brown and chicken is cooked through. (3-5 min.)
- Remove to a paper towel lined baking tray to drain.
* To freeze: Once chicken is completely cooled and drained, transfer to a resealable freezer bag or plastic container and throw in the freezer. For even more convenience divide them into bags depending on the amount of servings required. (one recipe makes 6-8 servings depending on the appetite.)
* To cook from frozen: Place on a baking sheet (frozen) and bake at 400ºF (200ºC) for 15-20 min. until crisp and heated through.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (14oz) can pineapple tidbits, do not drain
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- Fry onion in a bit of oil, in a saucepan, until starting to softened.
- Add canned pineapple (juice and all), brown sugar, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a separate bowl or cup until dissolved. Add to pineapple mixture along with green pepper. Simmer 2 minutes until thick.
- Pour over chicken balls to serve.
* To freeze: Allow to cool. Divide into containers depending on the amount of servings you want per container. Keep in mind that one recipe of sauce covers one recipe of chicken balls.