Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate - inspired by Martha Stewart
- 3/4 cup strawberry puree (below)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice (approximately 4 lemons)
- Mix ingredients together and use immediately or freeze in a small storage container.
- To serve: Add 5 cups cold water and stir to combine. Add additional sugar if needed.*
Makes: 6 cups juice
*Every fruit has a different level of sugar and every person has a different personal preference. That is why you may need to add more sugar. It's better to not have enough the first time and have to add more then to have too much and not be able to take any out.
*I like to use sparkling water for an even more refreshing taste.
* To store flat: line a large mug with a resealable plastic bag and pour in concentrate, remove excess air and seal tightly. This way you can stack them on top of each other in the freezer and they don't take up as much space.
* You may need to thaw it a bit before using. To do this quickly, place under hot running tap water.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Blend until smooth. Strain through sieve to remove seeds.
*This makes a little more then needed in the above recipe. Any extra puree can be frozen, in tablespoon portions, in ice cube trays, for later use.