from Kitchen Simplicity
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Makes: 2/3 cup
* Stir before each use.
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 Tbsp. red onion vinaigrette
- Clean spinach and tear or cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add almonds and toast just until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, almonds and oranges.
- Add dressing and toss to coat. Taste. Add more dressing if necessary. Serve immediately.
Makes: 4 (1 cup) portions
* Use any combination of greens, fruit and nuts that you like.