from Kitchen Simplicity
- 3 medium sized plums (or 4 small), pitted and quartered
- 2 medium sized tart apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash cloves
- Place plums, apples and water in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Remove from heat and pour into blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour back into saucepan. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until thick enough that it mounds on a plate without spreading.
- Cool completely before covering. Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Makes approximately: 1 1/4 cup